Sage's Hope Dog Soap - a fundraiser for my Service Dog's surgery

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I haven't been around these parts for a while, but many of you already know that I own a Mobility Service Dog. His name is Sage.

Need%20Anything%20relax1.JPG

My buddy Sage needs a very expensive hip surgery, so that he can continue helping me with my daily life.

Sage is just a little over a year old and he already does so much to help me around the house.
He is trained to a lazer pointer, so that he can retrieve the items that I need. He is a hard worker and he always keeps the floors in my home free from trip hazards by cleaning the house diligently. If I need my cane he will bring it or if the phone rings he will bring it in a hurry, so that I can answer. Sometimes he just carries an item from my husband to me or vice versa. Other times, like when we go to the Farmer's Market, he wears his pack and carries my groceries. When we go shopping, Sage lets me hold on to his harness handle, like a living cane. With him supplying some forward pull and my cane on the opposite side I don't tire as easily when I am walking. When I sit in a chair, sometimes I have a hard time getting back on my feet. Sage is there to help me. He lets me brace on his shoulders or pulls me up with his harness.
My medical condition varies from day to day. Some days we are really busy, Sage and I. Other days, when I am not feeling well, his job is pretty boring. Still, he is willing to wait by my side until I need something ... even if it is just a trip to the bathroom. During the day he is always near by - in case I might need him. He sleeps beside my bed at night. I feel the cool press of his nose occasionally when I am asleep, because he always checks on me several times each night. He is always there to take care of me. Many Service Dogs come from special service lines. They have generations of breeding that make them well suited for their jobs. Sage is a mutt. His momma was a registered German Shepherd and his dad was a Siberian Husky. He was an accident. He may only be a big hairy mutt, but he has loads of intelligence and a duty in this world. He started his Service training at about 10 weeks old.

Recently we went to the veterinarians because he was a little sore in his hip. They did some x-rays... they came back with BAD news. Sage has hip dysplasia. So far he is doing well, but that won't last for long. The constant stress that he encounters from helping me will soon cause the joint to deteriorate. He will be in constant pain and soon he will be as crippled and arthritic as I am. There is hope for my boy. That is where you can help. He needs a hip replacement surgery, just like the ones that people get. The doctors say with the new hip he can have a full life and do his work for a long time.

The problem is that the surgery will cost approximately $4,000.00! That is a LOT of money, much more than I can afford alone. The other fact is a replacement dog already trained like Sage would cost between $4,000 to $10,000. I would much prefer to be able to keep the helper that I have and love now.

I am selling dog soap as a FUND RAISER.

Won't you help me to take care of my boy Sage by buying a bar of Sage's Hope Dog Soap?
Sage%20workshop%20E.jpg

Sage%20Soap%20A1a.JPG

Sage's Hope Dog Soap is a Handmade Cold Process Dog Soap.

You are buying 1 bar of soap that is approximately 4 to 5 ounces in weight. A cute cotton storage bag is included. Not only are you getting a fine all natural soap bar that will clean and freshen your best friend and naturally help to ward away fleas ~ you are also helping me help my best friend Sage in the process!

This is a high quality soap created with the most natural ingredients that I could find. It is made with Natural Tallow, Lard, Sodium Hydroxide, Olive Oil, Caster Oil, Neem Oil with Rosemary and Sage extracts added.

Natural fats, oils and herbs means that this soap is very gentle on your hands as well as on your dogs coat, however natural soaps are also softer than commercial soap bars. A pretty cloth storage bag will be included with your order. Please store your soap bar in the provided cloth bag between uses to help it last as long as possible.

This bar of soap was hand stirred and molded. Bars are also hand cut. Air pockets and irregularities are a normal part of this process. Even so rest assured that each bar will meet or exceed the advertised weight.

This soap bar has been formulated for dogs NOT cats. Cats commonly lick their fun and have very sensitive systems. Please use soaps that are designed special for them. This soap is for external use only.

To donate to Sage's cause or to buy soap you can simply click this donate link. You don't even need PayPal to donate.

BUY SOAP or DONATE via PayPal

If you are donating $10 or more and would like to purchase a bar of Sage's Hope Dog Soap click the link above and BE SURE to put in the notes that you want a bar of soap and that you are from SS. Suggested Donation for soap is $10.00 or more. My costs to ship a bar of soap is $2.00 which includes mailers. I cannot ship soap outside of the USA.

You can also contact me by PM or by email and I can give you the address to mail a donation for Sage. Remember to let me know if you are wanting soap in return.

100% of the money raised will go toward Sage's surgery. If we happen to raise more money than we need for the surgery it will be donated to help other Service Dogs with medical needs. Thanks for your generous support!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Can't help right now, but hope you are able to get what you need. I'll try to pass the word along to my friends, though.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Thanks a bunch Deb! I know that times are hard on a lot of us ... especially those of us who are SS.

I really appreciate all the help I can get spreading the word and even the smallest donations will add up. It is important that we do this surgery as quickly as possible. Currently he does not have secondary issues like torn ligaments and arthritis, but the longer we wait the more secondary problems will be there.

I know you all love your animals as much as I do mine. We all know what it is like to depend on our animals on a daily basis, even if it is just for something like a fresh egg to eat or our daily milk and cheese. Even losing a hen to a predator can be a big loss for us. Imagine then how this situation is for me, not to mention the dog.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I wish I could help more, but I'll post something to my facebook. I have a few friends who are doggy obsessed who might be interested in some doggy soap!

ETA: Absolutely gorgeous dog!!! I hope everything goes well and he gets the surgery and has an amazing recovery!

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You haven't been around at all on the site. I hope all is ok, probably overly busy as with all of us :lol:
not enough time in the day.

great pics. beautiful dog definitely. $4K yikes. I will pass the word also. hopefully the fund raiser will work out for Sage.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Please send me a message with your address! I'd rather mail you a check so Paypal doesn't take away any of it from you!!

Thanks! (will be cross posting this too!)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
You haven't been around at all on the site. I hope all is ok, probably overly busy as with all of us :lol:
not enough time in the day.

great pics. beautiful dog definitely. $4K yikes. I will pass the word also. hopefully the fund raiser will work out for Sage.
I have been around from time to time, I just have not been posting very much. Definitely been busy or simply stoved up and not moving much. Things take a lot longer to get done than they used to.

A friend has asked for a good address to send a donations to, just in case they would rather mail it than use PayPal.

I don't post my personal info on the web, however you can mail donations for Sage to:

uBuilder Plans
PO Box 4225
Independence MO 64051

Make checks payable to uBuilder Plans and put a note for SAGE in the bottom corner.

This is my web business address and I am the only one that gets the mail. I will make sure that all funds are deposited into Sage's savings account.
If you are wanting a bar of Sage's Hope Dog Soap, please include a note that says you want soap and an address to mail it to. I would also appreciate it if you would include your SS name on the note. I have lots of friends helping Sage out and it drives me crazy when I can't figure out which of my SS friends you are.

Once again THANKS SO MUCH for spreading the word and helping my boy to get his surgery as soon as possible. :hugs

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
update ... as you can see by the Ticker on page one we are creeping ever closer to our goal. Sage went to the vet yesterday for his annual shots and was checked by the vet. He is still remaining fairly stable, so far anyway. I am keeping him lite weight as possible and trying my best not to over strain his joints. Thanks to all of you that are spreading the word about his cause.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Free testimonial ya'll, the soap is very nicely done. FF did a great job on it and the packaging.

We're pulling for ya

meriruka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Nice smelling soap - it's a shame I can only use it on the dog!

Latest posts