Saturday Traffic

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Had to run to TSC today. I had a choice between the one close to the farm or the one close to me. Thing is, I also needed propane and I had looked in the TSC near the farm. Either they had it someplace other than where I looked, or they didn't have it. And if they didn't have it, there was no other place to get it w/out going almost all the way to the other TSC-there's a Wal-Mart between it and my house. So, I went to the one closer to me.

I found the propane there, but was really wishing I could have gone to the other TSC! This area is more built up, and the traffic was horrendous. Plus, they had some special thing going on, and I had trouble finding a parking spot. The store was crowded, and I had trouble finding any kind of cart. The one I finally got didn't roll that well and I had to wrestle w/it the whole time.

So, how bad is the traffic in your area on a Saturday?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Houston evacuates on the weekends and my town is a destination. I live near Lake Livingston and it is a recreational escape for the city bound. It is also a prime retirement area. So going to WalMart on a Saturday (which I never do) is taking your life in your hands. You will either get hit by a freeway-road-rage-insane-idiot that can't leave the fast lane in the city or a 95 year old will broadside you. :lol:

Also, stay away from the post office at noon and all school campus in the late afternoon.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Does not sound like a place I'd want to be!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Our worst traffic issue here is getting around the Amish buggies going to town on Saturdays. I just honk and wave, they're all my buddies :)

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The deer were pretty active today, for some reason, which makes for hairy driving, and we heard the black bear was spotted down the road. That's it for Saturday traffic around here :lol:

Denim Deb

Reaction score
In a way, I'm not looking forward to summer. We live not too far from a major road for the Jersey shore. And at times, the noise from the traffic keeps me up.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We really don't have a lot of traffic at all. Unless it is the first of the month :rolleyes:

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Our worst traffic issue here is getting around the Amish buggies going to town on Saturdays. I just honk and wave, they're all my buddies :)
I don't remember the name of the small town in PA [Rt 15] but up ahead one person rearended another closing both lanes of traffic so there I sat as black buggies ziped around me on the right on a nice broad shoulder which I assume was built just for them. I have never seen better horses or rigs!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Had to run to TSC today. I had a choice between the one close to the farm or the one close to me. Thing is, I also needed propane and I had looked in the TSC near the farm. Either they had it someplace other than where I looked, or they didn't have it. And if they didn't have it, there was no other place to get it w/out going almost all the way to the other TSC-there's a Wal-Mart between it and my house. So, I went to the one closer to me.

I found the propane there, but was really wishing I could have gone to the other TSC! This area is more built up, and the traffic was horrendous. Plus, they had some special thing going on, and I had trouble finding a parking spot. The store was crowded, and I had trouble finding any kind of cart. The one I finally got didn't roll that well and I had to wrestle w/it the whole time.

So, how bad is the traffic in your area on a Saturday?
Ever wonder what they say about YOUR driving? :p

seriously, areas around here that are being fracked has serious traffic issues now, between the big rigs, and the workers.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I live close to a town with about 24K folks and even though that's not a huge place - I try NEVER to go to town on the weekends, lol. If I do have to - I try to go real early in the morning before the roads and stores get too crowded.