SCOOOOOOOORRRRRRRE!!!!!!!!!! Free feed!!!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I am trying not to get too excited until it is actually here, but.......I just answered a craigslist ad and am making arrangements to pick up 60.....count 'em, s.i.x.t.y........five gallon pails of wheat and spelt in various forms. Gotta rent a truck and squeeze out some storage space.....boy, does this solve a problem! And give us breathing room for a while!

:weee

Besides the girls earning their hay for the year with all the babies they squeezed out and the 100% survival rate.....yowza! Life is good right now!!!!

Celebrate with me! :celebrate

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Who in the world is giving out that much free feed?

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
The guy is in a free food sharing group and someone donated all their prep stores since they are getting foreclosed on and have to move. No one in the group wanted the wheat! Sheesh! It is in an urban/suburban area just outside of the city of Hartford. He'd contacted several farmers before advertising and they turned him down, not sure of the storage of the grains. Well, he described sealed pails, probably with oxygen absorbers, and sealed 10 lb cans, etc. He kept beans and such and they were perfectly fine. Dumb farmers.....their loss is my gain!

I am SOOOO excited!

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
Wow wow wow!! I'd celebrate, too :ya And, yes, who in the world would give all that food away??

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Holy Cow!!! It pays to look on craigslist daily. You just never know about people and what things are worth to them.

Anyway, CELEBRATING with you!!! :weee :woot :ya :bun

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
dumb farmers?
hmm.....
Not saying all farmers are dumb, just saying I can't figure out why they'd turn down such a deal. I can't get into other sources of free food around here because every place I ask tells me that a farmer is already coming every day to pick up there.....fill in the blank.....spent brewing grains, produce, day old bread, etc. I can't imagine that he called several "farmers" and they all turned him down!

Remember, I come from a farm family that would NOT turn this offer down....except maybe my grandfather when his farm was in full gear, as he raised his own grain.

No offense intended, FC. Just didn't get the full thought out in writing. My sincere apologies. I've appreciated your help to me over the past couple of years.