score frezzer !

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so the neighbor today not only gave us an amazing deal on some. It was too wet yet for him to store in his barn and I can use it up really fast because well my horses are pigs and I still don't have all of their pasture done. But he also asked if I could use a small freezer to keep feed in. I about jumped over the fence.

I have been trying to get another freezer since I can't seem to find any other way to keep the bear out of my feed. Not only is he giving me the old freezer but he is gonna deliver it also. :weee So maybe things are gonna finally turn around. :fl

Reaction score
Your horses are pigs? If I would have known what it cost to feed and upkeep horses I would have sad no and just gone without for a few weeks.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Freezers work great! Especially if you still have (or can get) the key to keep it locked. That keeps the feed safe from even the most talented horse.

nightshade

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
yea I am less worried about the horses getting into it and more worried about the bear that keeps raiding the sweet feed in the barrel it is in now. I put a hasp on them so you can slid a dog latch through and keep it closed up. Works pretty good.

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
An old freezer works great for keeping food from the smaller 400lb+ black bear, just put two extra clasps on it and screw it to the wall. The closest relative to the bear is a canine and have a heck of a nose so don't leave anything out to smell.

Latest posts