Seed for 2021

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I had trouble finding garden seed for putchase online. My usual favorites - Baker Creek and Johnnys - were out of stock of many of my essentials. Already! Usually December is before the rush!

I ordered from Urban Farmer. I hope I dont regret it. Everything in stock and prices seemed too good to be true. I received my order yesterday. I need to unbox and start my garden plan.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bought some seeds this year from a place called Dollarseed.com Good deal on some things but smaller amount of seeds in the pkg for other things. I got mine about 3 weeks ago and they had most things I was looking for. I didn't buy much because I have a lot of seeds stockpiled that I hope are still viable...

Now I'm nervous and thinking I should go ahead and get more seed!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Add me to that list of "have them". I used some last year, several yrs old, they came up fine for most. When I do that, if some don't germinate, I transplant within the rows, leaving like an end to replant. Have them, using them! Also a lot from my own plants ...tomatoes, different squash, eggplant, peppers, etc. Save $$$. I could help anyone short of seed. 😁 got a lot for 3-10 cent PKG at habitat close of 2019 from that yr seed, plus what I had from prev yrs. May have 200 pkgs. :idunno. I'm planting more!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I saved a lot of seed too. One thing for sure. Giant Pink Banana squash make a LOT of food! 3 plants pounded me with squash. I'm making pumpkin pies tomorrow for Christmas dinner.

I saved purple hull pea, English peas, Painted Mountain corn, tomato, Kentucky Wonder bean, and Thai long green bean seeds.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I like Jonny
I had trouble finding garden seed for putchase online. My usual favorites - Baker Creek and Johnnys - were out of stock of many of my essentials. Already! Usually December is before the rush!

I ordered from Urban Farmer. I hope I dont regret it. Everything in stock and prices seemed too good to be true. I received my order yesterday. I need to unbox and start my garden plan.

I like johnny's for onion seed only. Never had much luck with anything else from johnny. But a seed shortage oh know this is bad really really bad. Real bad it is reall teal bad

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
if you are really stuck and can't find seeds i have a limited budget but i don't mind helping out out a few people. most of what i have to send to people would be beans, peas, squash and melon seeds.

Hardknockshomestead

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Add me to that list of "have them". I used some last year, several yrs old, they came up fine for most. When I do that, if some don't germinate, I transplant within the rows, leaving like an end to replant. Have them, using them! Also a lot from my own plants ...tomatoes, different squash, eggplant, peppers, etc. Save $$$. I could help anyone short of seed. 😁 got a lot for 3-10 cent PKG at habitat close of 2019 from that yr seed, plus what I had from prev yrs. May have 200 pkgs. :idunno. I'm planting more!!

We're saving seed from winter squash and pumpkins. Also saved seed from several wild plants we forage, including ramps, pigweed, lambsquarters, etc.
Probably gonna need a bigger storage container😁

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
We're saving seed from winter squash and pumpkins. Also saved seed from several wild plants we forage, including ramps, pigweed, lambsquarters, etc.
Probably gonna need a bigger storage container😁
You want lamb's quarters? Cause thats the weed that has overtaken my garden. You come pick a much as you want! 🤣 9,000 sq ft of solid lamb's quarters. 😣