Seed shortage may come in 2010

delia_peterson

Covered in Compost
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
Duh! It was on the Easy Garden! I have been wondering about that for awhile now, I kept thinking, now, why on earth would they take it off of SS?! I just hope that they don't pull the same thing on there as they did on BYC. :/ I was rather disappointed to see all of the neat chains banned.
Why would they ban them?

Iceblink

Maa Maa Mama
Reaction score
I've already ordered most of my seeds this year, or saved them, but I did notice last year, that the tree nurseries sold out REALLY fast. They were out of most of the varieties I wanted months before the planting season.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I was rather disappointed to see all of the neat chains banned.
They have the new buy/sell/action format and those no longer fit. I guess some of those threads were generating a lot of complaints to the mods. I doubt any where from the seed chain though. Until TEG gets bigger and requires an auction format, I doubt that will disappear.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
We're waiting for tax returns to order.
Same here, my employers wait for the deadline. I'm not too panicked, there are plenty of sources for seeds and if they are out of something it forces me to try seeds that I otherwise might not have considered.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I like to get my seeds from Sandhill preservation center, this years catalog has a lot of seeds "sold out" or they didn't get any due to the crazy weather.
Summer was very cool and wet around these parts, a lot of plants didn't mature before the first frost.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
It is a sign of a very affluent society that having some of nine bazillion varieties of mail-order seeds sell out early in the season is counted as a "seed shortage"... whereas to most people on the planet, I think a seed shortage would be when there aren't enough of ANY reasonably-usable variety of a particular plant AT ALL ;)

JMHO,

Pat