September 19th - National Talk like a Pirate day....

chiknmama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Mark yer calendars ya scurvy dogs!! The day is almost upon us, and we must do everything we can ta spread the word - that word being ARRRGHHH!!!

Sept. 19th is National Talk Like a Pirate Day.

We used to mark this day at work (food service industry, LOL the customers thought we were insane) by talking like priates - it made the time go really much faster, tee hee.

Of course, we were all slightly insane from working in food service and dealing with the public every day anyway....

I once did NTLPD with an eye patch - just for effect. In all those years, only two or three customers got in on the fun, one guy even came in already talking pirate. LOL You never know who you'll meet in customer service.

Peace -
Meriah

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:lol: This sounds like something I want to join in on. We'll see if the other office co workers will also. It's hard enough to get them to dress up for Halloween.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I am sure I am the type that will forget Pirate Day. Heck I can barely remember the big ones like Thanksgiving and Christmas. I always miss April Fools Day....LOL

Arrgg....

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AVAST ME MATEYS, Hoist up the top sails or I will KEEL HAUL YOU. Step smartly ye lads and lasses, get out of the bilge and hoist.
When yer done we'll go to town and pillage and plunder, they'll give it up or they'll feel the cut of our cutlass.

ROTFL

Better Half

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I was wondering why the guy on the radio was talking like a pirate. He said it was because we all gave our retirement funds to pirates. No mention of a holiday.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I have always wanted to be a pirate....;)

Aaaaarrrrgggghhhh ye maties!!! Get out an' plunder ye gardens for the booty!!

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Shiver me timbers ya scurvy dogs, I had fun with this today. As I said in earlier post the coworkers were another story. Drop anchor and lets all bury our treasure together. ARRRRRR

chiknmama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
roosmom said:
Drop anchor and lets all bury our treasure together. ARRRRRR
That sounds mildly naughty ;)

Oh, and arrrgh -
LOL
Meriah

Nuggetsowner:)

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
This is sooo funny. I shared Talk like a Pirate day with the kids in my classroom at school. That was crazy!! You should have heard them. I was well entertained. Although by the end of a Friday on Talk like a Pirate Day...I was ready to go home!! They drove me NUTS!!

chiknmama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Nuggetsowner:) said:
This is sooo funny. I shared Talk like a Pirate day with the kids in my classroom at school. That was crazy!! You should have heard them. I was well entertained. Although by the end of a Friday on Talk like a Pirate Day...I was ready to go home!! They drove me NUTS!!
Just imagine what their poor parents had to deal with all evening - not knowing what the heck Talk Like a Pirate Day was.

LOL paybacks... gotta love em.

Peace -
Meriah