Serving Lavaneh (PIX)

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I finally got a photo of my Lavaneh and French Bread Toasts!
222013Cheeseballs03email_zps677f9614.jpg

I am so happy I got a special pan for making French Bread! It works great!!
192013FrenchBreademail_zpse854141a.jpg

Now I can make my own little "toasts" for serving my cheeses.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh, I need one of those. Never heard of that dish though. I'm pretty open about foods. It is a very presentable dish.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
rhoda_bruce said:
Oh, I need one of those. Never heard of that dish though. I'm pretty open about foods. It is a very presentable dish.
Lavaneh is a Middle Eastern recipe for "cheese balls" in olive oil and spices.
It is a good way to preserve cheese.
Here is a link to the recipe

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=13442

Here is the link to the pan. I have found it to be just perfect!!

http://www.amazon.com/Chicago-Metallic-69609-Professional-Perforated/dp/B00004R91J/ref=pd_sxp_f_pt

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Very nice looking pic.

txcanoegirl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
oh yummmmmmmmmmm....that looks so good! I guess that is like the marinated mozzarella balls available in the store, only homemade with all natural ingredients and oh-so-much better than store bought? :) I buy those to make a delicious appetizer when I have company. I skewer the marinated mozzarella balls, alternating with grape tomatoes and fresh basil leaves. I love the french bread pan! I make bread machine bread, even the french bread, but I've been wanting to do just the dough cycle and then shape and bake in the oven. That looks perfect!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
txcanoegirl said:
oh yummmmmmmmmmm....that looks so good! I guess that is like the marinated mozzarella balls available in the store, only homemade with all natural ingredients and oh-so-much better than store bought? :)
They are very much the same... except mine are with fresh goat cheese. I always thought I HATED Goat Cheese. All I had ever tasted was from the store. I hate the 'goatie" flavor. But when you make it fresh, it doesn't have that flavor at all!
Now I LOVE (my own) Goat Cheeses.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I'd diffinetely check into it...both links. I have recipes for French breads, but they just don't look like the breads I had as a child from the bakery and I never bothered to find out why. I can tell you I don't have pans that look like that in my house....never even saw one (even on a pic). And I'm Cajun and have grown up eating French bread.

k15n1

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I think there's an Indian dish like this but it's acid-curdled cheese and it's cooked in simple syrup.