Sham Wow Instead of Paper Towel

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ever see that add for Sham Wow cleaning cloths?

For the last 6 years I have been using a product called Super Amazing Kitchen Cloth that I have purchased at Trader Joe's in California.

Actually my brother gets them for me and brings them when he comes to visit. I love them and use them for all my cleaning and whenever I would use a paper towel. I throw them in the washer and reuse and reuse.

Sometimes the ones I use at the sink get to smelling bad so I was them twice and that takes care of it. Now I keep a stack of them around.

So once again I was thinking of getting my brother to mail me some but I got on the net instead and found out that they are the same as sham wow, made out of a rayon product.

I found this site that sells them at a better price than from Trader Joe's and better than Sham Wow too.

So if your looking to get rid of paper towels I do recommend this product.

http://www.shammysolutions.com/site/1618064/product/100-03

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I also use a shamois type of cloth to do a lot of my cleaning. They are absolutely great for cleaning up puppy pee on the carpet. They really soaked up all the pee and didn't even leave a stain. I had to stand on it to get it all up, but it worked.
They are especially great if you have a wet mess to clean up. I wash mine all the time also. I keep them slighly moist in a reclosable bag, so they don't get hard. I cleaned mine with bleach after the puppy clean-up :lol: so they are now looking a bit washed out, but still work just as well.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My name is Sally and I am a paper towel addict. :hide I have been thinking of ways to try to break myself from them. I am sooo glad you posted this!

I'm going to Trader Joes soon, so I will look for them!

(I do use cloth napkins for everything else.)

Now any ideas to break my ziplock addiction? :hide

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
No help on the ziplock bags from me. I love them myself. They must have been invented by a woman. ;) They are indispensable!! I even used to sell them. The thicker the back (mil) the better it'll keep your food.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
I try really hard to reuse them..you know rince them out and hang them upside down for the night. :/

I am going to trade in my paper towel habit for those cloths though.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I wash my plastic bags out alos and re-use them. I also own't give up paper towels completely. They are extremely handy for some things. I jsut avoid using them most of the time.
SO couldn't live without them. So they'll be in the house no matter what.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I use mostly hand towel and dish rags. I do have the sham wow's. I bought them as a Christmas gift for dh. Took two for the kitchen. I still keep a roll of paper towels on hand but they seem to last forever.

eggs4sale

Lush who can't use a cheese grater
Reaction score
I would be willing to BUY an appliance, like a mini dishwasher, made specifically for washing zip-loc bags. I'm so cheap I reuse them, but I'm willing to PAY for a bag cleaner. I don't get it.

C'mon, engineers! Get working on this! Who needs hydro-packs and jet propulsion robots and tweezers with a slight angle? I need a bag cleaner!

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Not only am I a paper towel addict I am a zippy bag addict. I buy cheapies for things like cut onions, left over chicken pieces, etc. Things I know will get used within a few days. The expensive ones I use for long term storage. I don't use those often since most of my stuff is vaccum sealed. But those cheapies, are my addicition. I don't rinse them out and reuse them either. Between work, canning, cooking, cleaning, taking care of animals and gardens, messy household people from 19 and 21 year old boys to my 89 year old mother, washing clothes, etc..... I will continue to grab that paper towel and make quick work of whatever. The very last thing I need is anything else to wash, dry, fold. Or anything else laying around scrunched up in a corner wet, moldy and stinky because that is where someone shoved it out of the way. LOL So shoot me. Plastic storage bags and papertowels are a mainstay in my house. Not very enviornmentally frinedly, but great for my nerves and much cheaper and better than pills and Drs.