Sick to the stomach help?

Cynthiadoz12

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I am over here for a bit while BYC is modifying.

I have a question for my son that just got home from the hospital. He had a surgery, and of course has been on pain meds. He doesn't usually take too many even after surgeries...pretty high threshold...has spina bifida. That should tell you something. Has been through a lot..a lot of surgeries. Well, this time, he is sick to the stomach. We do have a prescription for a sick stomach, but glad I saw this forum. Anyone? Know some good secrets that could help? He isn't feeling real hungry at this point, but can drink a bit at a time.
Thank you!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah I was going to say salt. Ginger helps too.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I use ginger. Either candied or tea. For fresh ginger, put plastic wrap over the small star nubs before grating if you don't have a ginger/horseradish grater. Even then the plastic helps.

Add to hot water to taste. He may want sugar with it, I don't use any.

Asian markets sell ginger tea as well that already has sugar in the powder. Can get it in packets that you just add to water. I carry some on trips

Cynthiadoz12

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Thanks everyone..you know, I thought of the ginger..but not salt. Interesting. I can get the ginger at our health food store. Thank you again. :) Going to try the cool rag on neck. Coke syrup. Interesting things. I am going to have to come back on this forum and look through some threads. You kids have a lot of good ideas.