Since you found this site have you noticed an increase in your self...

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Have you increased your self sufficency since you found this site? I know I have in various ways.

Seahound

Power Conserver
Reaction score
It has taught me how wasteful I am

Im a new gardener and looking for all help knowledge about canning and freezing. I have alot to learn and really like it here.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Definitely
it is a work in progress to save money on electric constantly, not be wasteful of any items in the household etc.

being on the forum keeps this more in the front of my mind so I can be more frugal and self sufficient.

it makes me think more about how to be more self sufficient and learn new ways from others.

I love it!! :)

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Since being on this forum I realized it's not hard to be self-sufficient. For instince, when we were at the grocery store, my mom wanted to get some paper towels. I suggested we get cloth because: A. They last longer B. it is not wasting paper.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I agree with everyone...I'm a new gardener, too. I have found ways to recycle my food waste (chickens and composte), been using canvas bags for grocery shopping, staying home and doing all of my errands on the same day, etc. The DH and I got to looking around and decided that if anything ever happened, we could feesibly survive off our food stores for 90 days, and eat GOOD. I think that says something!! Of course, the rest of our family thinks we've lost our marbles, but ya know, who do they come to when they want some?? LOL

This place has been a tremendous help, and continues to be one...I love it here!! Its not overwhelmed by thousands of people/posts, and I feel like we are a big happy family.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
WE saw a video on what happens with some of the plastic grcery bags. We bought 2 canvas ones. We just keep forgetting them every time we go. :|

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
I found a ton of things that I would love to incorparate into our daily lives and use...a homemade windmill, solar heat panel for the coops, solar night light, homemade dehydrator, lint fire starters, etc...
DH just thinks I am added more stuff for 'him' to do.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have been working on adding to my food storage since early summer. I think when canning started. Then I moved into the "use what you store, store what you use" mode. I love all the great info and homestyle recipies I find here. And like others have said It keep things in the front of my mind so I am more aware of what I m doing.

Then if I have questions about areas I know nothing about I know someone arond here will have advice and an opinion to share.

I also enjoy knowing there are like minded people in this country whosee thing kinda like me. :)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
ticks said:
WE saw a video on what happens with some of the plastic grcery bags. We bought 2 canvas ones. We just keep forgetting them every time we go. :|
Ticks, the key is to keep them in the car! I always forget too, but if they are in the car you are good to go!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
I have learned a lot and made a lot of small changes. We live in the suburbs so there is a lot I can't do (animals!) but I do what I can and try to live frugally and make changes that I can live with long term to better my life, my families life and the environment.

Still very much a work in progress but as Farmer Chick said...coming here daily keeps my goals in clear view.