SNOW IN TEXAS!!!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Woke up this morning to snow! Actually looked out the window at 5AM and went back to bed. LOL Fixing to start the boiling water brigade. Took these from the front porch, one of Prince out the back door.

img_2321-jpg.42356

img_2322-jpg.42357

img_2323-jpg.42358

img_2326-jpg.42359

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Prince likes it, huh? :D Dogs and horses seem to love a new snow fall....turns them into youngsters again for some reason.

Snowing here too...they don't predict inches on my weather site any longer, they just put a snowflake there. We haven't gotten much this year each time it snows, but we are getting more bouts of snow than last year and much colder temps, which is nice.

Congrats on your snow! :woot

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's Al Gore's global warming kicking in. You gotta atleast make one snow angel.

I was trying to figure out why I didn't want to get out of bed this morning. I'll trade you we got about 4 inches on the ground here.
IMG_20180116_090450.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
For some strange reason, the floors in the house, and the house in general, feels much more cold at temps in the 20s-30s than it does when we hit the single digits and below zero. Don't know why that is unless it's more humid at the warmer temps than the colder, thus making it a damp chill.

I prefer the colder temps...I pretty much stay in the cooler part of the house while Mom snuggles up in the cabin next to the wood stove. Old bones, skinny body vs. less old bones, fat body. :D

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
For some strange reason, the floors in the house, and the house in general, feels much more cold at temps in the 20s-30s than it does when we hit the single digits and below zero. Don't know why that is unless it's more humid at the warmer temps than the colder, thus making it a damp chill.

I prefer the colder temps...I pretty much stay in the cooler part of the house while Mom snuggles up in the cabin next to the wood stove. Old bones, skinny body vs. less old bones, fat body. :D

Do you have forced air heat? If so you might want to check the pipes, it could be a leaky or disconnected pipe under the house.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
no snow here but it was 9 at my house. They are calling for 10 tonight but we will probably dip to 6. Seems we are always a little colder there.

I'm not happy at all. It sux working in this $&/+

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We had a blizzard here this afternoon after some snow on and off all morning. It finally started lodging too, so cars, lawns, etc are covered in the stuff. I can't wait to see what tomorrow morning is going to look like...

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
No snow here - but we have frozen ice pellets all over the ground. And, geeze louise, I can't even look out my windows because the moisture on the screens is frozen over. I don't know how folks deal with this stuff for a whole winter season.... a day at a time is too much for me! ( I know, I'm a cold weather wuss!)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We have no equipment for snow other than the trucks that spread sand on the bridges. We got a WHOPPING TWO INCHES OF SNOW!!! :th

Schools are closed all over east Texas, most will start two hours late tomorrow to give the ice a chance to melt.

Snow is great when it is gone in 2-3 days!

Prince was running with his tail up, bucking and kicking. He got old Joe (28 years old) to run and buck too, heck he even got Sparkles (30years old) to kick up her heels.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
LOL We got 2" of snow, it was 18 degrees. I suited up this morning to do the boiling water bucket thing. I put on flannel lined blue jeans, a thermal shirt, my sweat shirt my momma bought me in Scotland in 1980 that is so warm that I wear it maybe one day a year. Over that I put on Carhart overalls and my parka. I put a yellow smiley face knit hat on and pulled up the parka hood. I put on my blanket lined leather gloves. Then I lurched outside to meet the elements. :lol::lol:

image-jpeg.5782