so, i met a guy...... <3

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so i just joined this other forum a little while back and this guy messaged me a couple times. we messaged back and forth for a while. then we started calling each other. we have so much in common and he's so sweet and shy... :weee
he's older then me and lives about 7 hours away... :(
i wanna meet him soooooooo bad!!! :love
okay, i just had to tell someone :p
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Congrats!
However, do you have a burly friend that can go with you to meet him in a neutral location?
And do run a check. Even if its all good, its always a good idea to makes sure.
Keep us updated!

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
i know eveyone is worried about me. and thanks.

what is skype video?

i'm gonna guess its a video chat. if it is neither of us have the camera stuff for that :(

we are friends on facebook and we talk all the time on the phone.
we are both really into homestead stuff. but i live on a farm and have the goats and he lives kinda in town and wishes he could live out on a farm.

i am being very careful :) you dont have to worry.

he has talked to my dad already and when i go to my moms he wants to talk to her too.

i'm nervous about what moms reaction will be though.
because i'm not exactly the kinda girl who has a date every night... or even once a week.

thank you guys.
i just had to blab because i dont really have a ton of friends.
and yes my dad and probably my cousin (cause he's nosey :rolleyes: ) would be with me to meet him if/when he visits.

Holachicka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm glad you're being careful!! So fun. How much older by the way? :D Sorry, I worry about people too... Meeting in a public place would be wise, with your Dad and Cousin as you said... And more than once... Maybe invite him to a few family BBQ's or something along those lines before ever being alone with him.

I met my husband online :) He's a great guy! but I also met a few other guys who were not so great, so of course as you already know be careful!

How exciting, keep us posted!

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
I always meet someone in person the first time with a friend. Or somewhere very public with my own way home :)

Sounds fun though! Good luck :)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
he's 29 and i'm 19.
i know its alot... but we have so much in common.
and he's really into all the homestead/self-sufficiency stuff like i am.
we have been talking for a while now.
he lives in maryland and i'm in ohio so if/when he visits we'd be meeting him in town and then coming back to the farm. my grandparents live across the creek so i'm guessing he would stay in there geust bedroom.

he just called so i'll write more later....

chickenone

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I would be suspicious about a 29 year old guy who goes trolling for 19 year olds on the internet. It would make me very nervous if you were my daughter.

Just be very careful with not only your personal safey, but with your trust and your heart.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Big red flag! A 29 year old is in a very different place in his life than a 19 year old.....I wouldn't worry so much if you were 29 and he were 39, the ten years there is not the same. You continue to figure out who you are throughout your 20's and you haven't even lived on your own yet. (You don't have a farm....your parent's do.....He is living on his own....right?.....you haven't experienced that yet.)

I'm not saying he is a bad person, just saying......hmmm..... :/

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
The first thing would worry me is that you "Just Joined" this forum and someone is sending you private messages. Most of us around here communicate in the open and chat about stuff.

If it's someone lurking but not an active member I would be even more cautious.

JMO