so many games - let's think of some actual topics to discuss?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
not for the first time, I'm logging in and seeing that all 10 of the most recent posts are games. Don't get me wrong, games are great, games are fun, all your games are belong to us, I have no problem with games.

But, wouldn't it be nice to discuss more self sufficiency related topics so that the games were a minority of posts ;)

I will go start one now, not-entirely-appropriate for the forum though it be (all I can think of at the moment is the cost of home-raised chicken).

No offense meant, just a thought,

Pat

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
Pat, I don't know if I should congratulate you for your main statement, or for using the "all you base... er... games are belong to us" quote! Dang you crack me up! :D

Y'all are on the right track... games are good and I don't want to discourage people from having fun and posting, but it would be awesome to see more on topic posts. You're spot on that the best remedy for this is to start new topics / threads to encourage discussion... maybe even revisit a few of the oldies but goodies that need a bump / new reply / discussion point.

Cheers!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Amen, Pat! You read my mind! Not that I don't love games....well, no, I don't love games on a forum at all! :lol: :lol: :lol: I call them time wasters, actually. Guess I'm just a cut to the chase kind of gal! :gig

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I had thought about the games the last few days also. Silly, I thought it was just me.....

Ialso thought about getting more topics going, but can't think of any to start right now.

Maybe when I have more time......

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I like the games and will be posting to them as long as they continue.

but there is nothing wrong with posting new topics also

we can have both I think easily

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
I agree, FC...I just go straight to 'recent posts' and look through them ALL....then I don't worry about what the top 10 are, I can pick and choose easier that way, lol....and yes, the games fill time, but some of them get your brain going, so I don't mind a bit.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea the "recent post" section lets ya just see what you want to post too....no one has to click on the topic. just pick and choose what you want to participate in.

I think the games are fun also. I work in my computer room and it is just fun to pop in and play :)

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Pat, I don't know if I should congratulate you for your main statement, or for using the "all you base... er... games are belong to us" quote! Dang you crack me up! :D

Cheers!
Nifty, I remember reading a post from you on BYC asking if anyone could name where that came from. No one did and I didn't bother to reply since the post was months old by the time I read it. But it reminded me of something funny that happened.

My husband & I were playing a Trivial Persuit game -- I can't remember which one, it has a big "20" on the front of the box. But one of the questions was about where the phrase "all your base are belong to us" came from. John & I both burst out laughing when I asked him the question. He said, "Zero Wing" (the correct answer) but the card said something different! I think it said "Base Wing"

Anyway, John emailed them to submit a correction. After a long while (weeks) he got back a reply that said along the lines of "Thank you for your submission. After some research, we have found that you are correct. The answer should be ...." blah blah blah.

John was actually a little mad! "Thank you?! All I get is a thank you?! I want a corrected card!"

HAHA

And yes, post more related topics! :D

Cassandra