So, what'd ya get?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
So, what did everyone get for Christmas that will help them in their SS journey? I got a welding helmet and a Craftsman 4 tool combo kit! Got some other stuff as well, but I really wanted the helmet and a combo kit!

mrscoyote

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hubby got me books on tanning, meat curing,sausage making etc and a couple books on herbs, growing and foraging. Daughter got me a tripod for my dutch oven and a recipe book to go with it.
So now I have homework to do.

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We got a new house for xmas! 4.5 acres of land of our own to garden and grow trees and raise the birds on. Our neighbor has chickens and a goat as well. As far as wrapped presents go I got a nook to save storage place instead of having books everywhere. I can now hopefully download all the cool free SS type books that come out once in awhile!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Betta, I'd love to get a house w/land for Christmas! Sounds like a great gift. I can hardly wait to see pics of it.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I got a new wall oven 'cause mine died. :( It's on order and won't be here for two weeks. In the meantime, my DD got me a toaster oven. :lol: My sister got me a book on herbs because she knows I like to garden. My son got me a $50 gift card to Tractor Supply.

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
DH got me a top bar beehive I am so excited!! :celebrate

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
At first I didn't think I could really contribute, but I did receive a cash gift from my parents and godfather, so chances are that will turn into something SS. Then DS just gives me a cleaver. It wasn't wrapped or anything. He was just standing in the kitchen telling me its time for my present and I looked in disbelief and then started laughing, which made him crack a smile. He said, considering my behavior the past few days, he'd get me something I could really use. And DD wants me to tell ya'll she got me a Bible....well, actually several Bilble verses comes to mind when I'm gardening or slaughtering and it doesn't require any batteries, electricity or extra devices....just a literate reader. DH got me a hummingbird feeder....guess that is sorta SS.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I had a great Christmas! Mom got me a caponizing kit, two foxfire books, and new flannel shirts. Auntie gave me two large dry boxes for ammunition, a pistol holster, and a nice, big, knife. Then Dad gave me a great pair of boots. So, blessed, yet again. Thanks to the Lord... :)

terri9630

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I had to get a new washer. Durned thing leaked water everywhere..... I got 2 lamancha goats, one just delivered twins and the other is due soon. I also got a solar oven and a milker for the goats.