Solar Laptop Charger?

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
rubyluise said:
sunsaver said:
My new little netbook from BestBuy uses a charger that is 19volts x 1.2amps equals 22watts. I would use a 50watt panel (double my usage requirement as a general rule of thumb) with an El Cheapo brand inverter from InvertersRus.com or an outdoor goods supply, thats if all i wanted was to plug my laptop in to solar power. If you buy a solar charger already put together for that purpose, better make sure that it is the right wattage and tip polarity for your computer, else it could fry your battery, start a fire, or zap your cpu. If you have a 12volt adapter for charging your electronics from your vehicle's cigarette lighter, that device can be safely wired directly to a suitable size 12volt solar panel.
It will be really great information thorough your details. I really appreciated your details. As I said before I can charge a laptop through many hours. I think before charging that according to your information I used to know about the watts. It is must necessary to check its compatibility also.
ONE problem with his "details"both solar panels and your lap device run on DC so no inverter is required however a current controller is required Those Li-ion batteries are trickly. Try to charge them too fast or overcharge them can indeed resullt in battery failure. fires and explosions. I learned this the hard way with electronic cigarettes which also use Li batteries and I have te scars to prove it. check http://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/lithium_based_batteries for more