Solar Storms and the 2012 Prophecy

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The most likely senario for earth changes related to the 2012 prophecies is the combination in the current change in the magnetic field of the earth and solar storms. Hold on to your hats!

from NASA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sXfUHjXXLk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkPbFM_NCq8&feature=related

NPR radio reports -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5AY4mjhK6I&feature=related

NASA upgrades warning with Jesse Ventura
Crumbling Electric Grid is Vulnerable according to National Academy of Sciences
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkPbFM_NCq8&feature=related

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Every time I try telling anyone about solar storms, they don't believe me...:rolleyes: But they have been known to happen before and cause problems...the big one definitely is coming....

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I find it so curious that people don't believe in solar storms. It has absolutely nothing to do with belief. It is science.

If people are so dimwitted to choose not to educate themselves its best to say nothing I would think.

The 2012 prophecy is the belief part. People believe lots of stuff about that but in reality there is archeological science to that too. It is a difinative calendar that ends in 2012 and the Mayan writing says it is the end of time and that is a fact that it says exactly that in ancient mayan script that they have learned how to read pretty well

Now the interpetations by the currently living Mayan shamans is quite another thing. They say that humanity is going to change along with earth changes. They see it as a great opportunity for humanity to awaken to their hearts which according to them is a wholly different way of being than what we have been doing collectively as a world society.

As for me thats all fine and dandy but I'm still getting a hand pump for the well.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I agree with the solar storms and I see first hand where I live what solar flares can do....its devastating to watch this formerly green land around me turn to a brown dust bowl in one summer.

Imagine if they escalate? There will be no growing of gardens and our food sources will be limited. The woods that people are counting upon to provide supplementary food sources from wild game and foraged foods will be merely a memory. Water tables will dry up in some parts of the land and massive flooding in other parts as the weather patterns are no longer predictable or even in patterns.

Now, as for the world ending in 2012...THAT is something I don't believe in for no other reason than I believe in the Bible and there are certain things in prophecy that must come to pass before the Earth is destroyed. Not enough time before 2012 for these things to happen.

I do believe that these solar storms could be part and parcel of the things predicted for this Earth in the end times prophecies~causing drought, famine, pestilence, natural catastrophes of all kinds~ and may be the eventual cause of the final destruction.

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
*walks up with tin foil hat, counting on fingers *

so lemme see... no satellite, cell phones, gps, electric... hummm... right about now i'm kinda glad i live in an Amish town. folks around here dont use that stuff anyway.

and based on our current self sufficiency progress trajectory.... well, looks like we got all most of it covered. so's we just got to keep working on it.

*shakes fist at sun*

BRING IN ON!!!!!

it IS kinda funny, tho that folks dont believe the whole solar storm thing. maybe they'll come up with a tv show about it so folks will learn about it???

but as far as a 2012 prophesy... i'm with bee. end times? not yet. but i am gonna go and order a hand pump for the well.
;-)

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im a christian. And I believe that if this supposed niburu and solar storms take place, I know my God will be with me. I also believe that we are very near to the End Times.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
While I love a good apocalyptic scenario as much as the next SS'er, I don't believe that the solar storm thing is the threat that it seems to be. Sure, it has the potential to wipe out the grid and communications satellites, etc., but there is some warning and the threat can be somewhat mitigated.

In a best case, we would have 24 - 72 hours (or longer) warning. Worst case, only 15 to 20 minutes. However, with the worst case we would have known that the possibility was there and been able to have systems and people in standby. There could still be severe disruptions, but the chances of being caught unaware are slim (though not out of the realm of possibility).

Also, predictions of solar activity years in advance are notoriously inaccurate and for every story predicting an active season, there's one to the opposite. The stories contrary to an active system don't make for exciting news, though.

So, IMAO I wouldn't get too excited about a solar disaster, but I would recommend to just keep doing what your doing, ie., working to be more SS.

Edited to change "impossibility" to "possibility". Ooops.

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
farmboy said:
Im a christian. And I believe that if this supposed niburu and solar storms take place, I know my God will be with me. I also believe that we are very near to the End Times.
There has been a prediction of an "end times" since the beginning of time itself.
I don't believe we will see the "end times" during our lifetime.

Do I think tough times are coming? YUP!

Will it be the end? I don't think so.....

I don't think we will get any warning when "The Big One" hits.....

Just my $0.02 worth. and it is worth every penny.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Solar storm of 1859
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sunspots of September 1, 1859 as sketched by Richard CarringtonThe solar storm of 1859, also known as the Solar Superstorm,[1] or the Carrington Event,[2] was the most powerful solar storm in recorded history. It occurred during solar cycle 10.

[edit] Magnetic storm
On September 12, 1859, the largest recorded geomagnetic storm occurred. Aurorae were seen around the world, most notably over the Caribbean; also noteworthy were those over the Rocky Mountains that were so bright that their glow awoke gold miners, who began preparing breakfast because they thought it was morning.[3]

Telegraph systems all over Europe and North America failed.[4] Telegraph pylons threw sparks and telegraph paper spontaneously caught fire. Some telegraph systems appeared to continue to send and receive messages despite having been disconnected from their power supplies.

[edit] Sunspots
From August 28, 1859 until September 2, numerous sunspots and solar flares were observed on the sun. Just before noon on September 1, the British astronomer Richard Carrington observed the largest flare,[3] which caused a massive coronal mass ejection (CME) to travel directly toward Earth, taking 18 hours. This is remarkable because such a journey normally takes three to four days. It moved so quickly because an earlier CME had cleared its way.[5]

[edit] History
Ice cores show evidence that events of this magnitude as measured by high-energy proton radiation, not geomagnetic effect occur approximately once per 500 years, with events >1/5 as large occurring several times per century.[6] Less severe storms have occurred in 1921 and 1960, when widespread radio disruption was reported.[3]

SO WE KNOW it has happened before
if it does happen on a monster scale sure we are screwed lol

will it?
who knows if it will or will not

we can PREDICT on everything, but we are never 100% sure wtih predictions

OH edited to say---all those tin foil hats, keep them off in this solar storm or you might be cooking ur heads :p