Something Good

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's some serious water! LOL ieve we could all come by and pick from that beauty of a strawberry patch.

What's the thing with wheels in upper right of that pick?

a small pedal merry-go-round from an old school playground. the wooden pedals rotted off years ago. mostly what it is now is a hornet/wasp/weed hotel. it does work, but i'm too big to sit on it and pedal.

and yes, a lot of water once in a while when it rains too much. that is why i have to perch gardens up above the flash flood stage. it all drains off pretty well as i do have it figured out and the berm i put in keeps the flooding from the south field from coming through.

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
@flowerbug - I love that beautiful little stove in the photo - do you have any closeups of it and what brand/model it is?

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
@flowerbug - I love that beautiful little stove in the photo - do you have any closeups of it and what brand/model it is?

i have thousands of pictures of various things here, and not one of them is tagged stove... lol i'll take a closer look at it and get back to you. the main reason it is not that closely looked at is that it has a hole in the side (covered by sheet metal and painted to match). i have as little to do with the decorations here as possible (i am busy enough fixing things as it is :) ) so while i enjoy the decorations i tend to try to enjoy them more from a distance (or i'd never get any actual gardening done!)... :)

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This weekend our daughter and 3 granddaughters came for the weekend. Friends of theirs twin daughters graduated and all of their family is in Missouri, so DD was happy to be invited. She also had to clean out her office, since they moved and she no longer works there. We took the 3 and 5 year old picking blueberries, sending them home with 6 pounds. Oldest granddaughter will be 13 in another week, so made her a chocolate cake with 7 minute frosting. Got her the record player she wanted and a 2 album Queen greatest hits, wrapped in corn Feed sacks. LOL Mamaw is a redneck ya’ know. I am grateful for this time with them.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Swiss chard is finally coming in

20200530_104646.jpg

Latest posts