South Florida/North Georgia

theracedude

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello from Florida! I just found this site and still learning my way around but so far so good. I have been on Selfsufficientish.com for about one year and love it but wanted to find a site that had more USA based people. My plan is to move to North Georgia soon and enjoy some southern living on a budget. (based on the jobs i have found it my be a very small budget) So thats my intro, thanks for reading it...

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Hello and welcome!!!! You'll find we are a wild and crazy bunch...a big family with all of the family disfunction and love. We have fun, we fight, we make up, we have more fun....and somewhere in there we share tons of information on being SS. Hope you find what you're looking for in GA, my job had me all over GA and FL for the last year, watch out for them Georgia Gnats!!! haha

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:welcome Ahhh, North Georgia. I'm guessing you're considering up in the mountains somewhere? I'm in Marietta, a really nice town not too far from Atlanta.

The Atlanta Journal/Constitution did a series of articles a year or two ago about a family that gave up the big city life and moved to a small town in the mountains.

theracedude

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
chipmunk said:
:welcome Ahhh, North Georgia. I'm guessing you're considering up in the mountains somewhere? I'm in Marietta, a really nice town not too far from Atlanta.

The Atlanta Journal/Constitution did a series of articles a year or two ago about a family that gave up the big city life and moved to a small town in the mountains.
We have a home in Cleveland Georgia, nice little town but alot bigger than the place i live now. I like it there and will move soon. Never been to Marietta but i plan on going there some day. I need to see the big chicken?

chipmunk

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hahaha...when we first moved here 13 years ago, I kept hearing about the legendary BIG CHICKEN. About 6 months later, it suddenly hit me they were talking about the KFC on 41 with the big ol' chicken head on it.

Cleveland IS a nice little town!

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
Welcome theracedude!! What kind of racing do you do??