Spice Rubs

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love dry spice rubs. I love BBQ type rubs best....but wondering if anyone wants to share their "best" rub they may use! Always looking for new flavors to try. Second to that is Cajun type rubs but Tony being a "non-hottie" I only use for my cooking but would love hot rubs also!

Thanks

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Okay...start again:>) I have this 580g jar of stuff I use in everything from rice to soup, I put it in mashed potatoes even. It's called Garlic Plus by clubhouse seasonings. We use alot of it around here

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
LOL at the beginning of what morelcabin wrote before editing it - it did kind of hit me that way, too <vbg>

I keep a jar of the following on my spice shelf for anytime I am too rushed (well ok, lazy) to do anything else to a roast:

1 part salt
1 part sugar
1 part ground black pepper
1 part paprika
1 part granulated garlic

Pat

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
If you like chicken, lemon pepper seasoning is great. I rub it in, put in a baggie and let it set overnight in the fridge. I also have a great Creole rub that I found at WalMart. I use it for fish, soups, fried potatoes and wings.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Nature's Seasons by Mortons. Started using it some years ago and now use it, almost to the exclusion of other spices. Has a blend of exactly what we like, in just the right amounts.

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
My favorite is to rub with fresh garlic and a little olive oil, then sprinkle with crushed thyme, rosemary, onion powder & rub it in- this for red meat.
For chicken, it's a little olive oil, garlic powder, onion powder, lemon peel, thyme, rosemary and ginger powder- rubbed in.
To tell you the truth, I use whatever sounds good at the time-lol

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks guys
I wrote down all of it and the names of the store bought ones......will experiment.

I am glad I got some store bought names to try cause there are SOOO many and sometimes I buy and waste my money cause we hate the taste...then I try to "improve" on that taste and it gets worse..HA HA

Now onto some different flavors for meals!
:)

oh and edited to say--ya'll get your minds out of the gutter!
:lol:

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OK, I missed the gutter part LOL

I have never used a dry spice rub (on FOOD I mean!)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL-LOL
well not too bad in the gutter--LOL
just thinking of a different type of rub!
HA HA HA