spinning wool :)

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
made two drop spindles the other day. spinning wool on one and "plarn" on the other. here is some pics of what i have.

fiberthings001.jpg

fiberthings005.jpg

fiberthings004-1.jpg

i have shortened the longer one. now it is just a few inches longer then the short one.
fiberthings001-1.jpg

fiberthings002-1.jpg

fiberthings003-1.jpg

fiberthings005-1.jpg

fiberthings001-2.jpg

i have mohair that is straight from the goat. hope to try and do some of that soon.
any other spinners here?

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:lol: haha not quite. this is wool in the pics. i got it from someone. dyed it myself, not too bad for my first time ever.

the mohair is in bags. just sheared and put in bags. not even picked over yet... kinda feeling a bit overwhelmed about doing it myself with no experience. but i'll get er done. :p

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
When I sit and dream about getting my goats, fiber always comes to mind. We've often discussed making our own textiles for SO's clothing designs.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And I wanted to see the pink, lavender and blue goats. :hit

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Neat idea with the spindles, but I'm surprised that the cardboard gives them enough weight.

I am slowly working my way through several boxes of alpaca fiber - also straight from the animal, not yet cleaned or picked over. Well, that is a tiny bit exaggerated - I am, in reality, slowly working through the very top of the very first of several boxes, and it will take awhile for me to even make a dent in it :lol:

Too bad; I was looking forward to seeing the blue and pink goats as well :lol:

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Denim Deb said:
And I wanted to see the pink, lavender and blue goats. :hit
Maybe RU will start keeping them with the elephants she is fostering for me! :lol:
Don't tempt her, she probably would!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
My dad made me a nice little drop spindle patterned after one my mom bought. I really like it, but I haven't used it much. I wish I could find a source of really cheap roving so that I could practice without feeling bad when I mess it up!
The little bit I played with came from a blue sheep ;)

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
im learning to spin with a drp spindle...i was having a huge issue at first but once i got the hang of it its sooo much fun!