Spring '09 project- Gardening with geese.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Well, it just so happens that the person who I gave some pheasants and ducks too has some geese on his farm. Even better, they are all paired up and my friends incubator is ready to incubate. I will possibly be able to get a few goslings from hi. Raise them nice, so they do not attack MANY people. Imprint and all that. Our garden gets awfully weedy, and this year I figure why not try to garden with geese. I heard that they eat most of the weeds in your garden. What are your thoughts?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I would like to get some geese for weeding as well, ticks, but I don't know if my green mulch crops like white clover would survive the birds. I would like to run them on my orchard, though, and collect the down they produce.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
I would like to get some geese for weeding as well, ticks, but I don't know if my green mulch crops like white clover would survive the birds. I would like to run them on my orchard, though, and collect the down they produce.
I might put them in my sunflower garden :p

The sunflowers are for the pheasants of course.

Patch of Heaven Farm

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ok this may sound dumb. :hide I have thought about geese but was wondering if they will only eat the weeds? Is there certain veggies that they will eat?? Anything to save me from weeding sounds great!!! :p

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I heard recently about geese being trained to eat weeds in a vegetable farm. Is there concern for contamination in their droppings on leafy veggies that can't take a good scrubbing?

Latest posts