SS deer counter.

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
I thought it would be fun to count all the deer shot by the members of SS. Season of '08. So far i got this:
add 'em up. :)
Ticks: 5 point buck-130 pounds
Roosmom- 4 point buck
Roosmom' DH- 10 point buck
Dacs- Doe
Lorihadams- 4 Point buck
Coopy's DH- Doe
Miss_thenorth'd DH- 4 point buck
Mrs. H's DH- 10 point buck
Beekissed son- something point Buck
Beekissed son- Doe.
Lorihadams- Doe
Plucky- 10 point buck
Plucky's DH- doe

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
I have the only doe. Does everyone else live in a buck only area or is it a tradition to just shoot bucks? Ever notice the word does?

Guess I should have hunted harder and filled my other gun tag. There is still the remainder of bow season.

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
dacjohns said:
I have the only doe. Does everyone else live in a buck only area or is it a tradition to just shoot bucks? Ever notice the word does?

Guess I should have hunted harder and filled my other gun tag. There is still the remainder of bow season.
Here, it varies from year to year, depending on what the State Wildlife agency thinks the ratio is, of does to bucks, in a given area. Most of the time does are by permit only. The permits are issued on a list/lottery system, once you get a doe permit, your name goes to the back of the list. This year my wife, daughter, and I all received doe permits.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Tony missed a doe today.
But I want to be added to that list SOON!
he will try Monday morning first thing. I am sure he should get one.

fingers crossed! :)

coopy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DH got a doe. I haven't gotten anything yet. :hit

Mrs. H.

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I hope I can add into this too.

Hubby got a 10 point buck last night. First in many years for him. I haven't seen it yet. Best thing is one shot through the heart with a pistol, which is legal in Wisconsin to use. He is happy. I'm happy to have a freezer full of venison again.:)

countrymama

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I shot a doe and hubby shot 8 point buck and a doe! Hopefully, my buck will be coming!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
dacjohns said:

Where we live, you can just buy a tag for a buck. If you want doe, you have to enter a draw for an antlerless deer tag--where you can shoot either buck or doe, as long as it is antlerless.

They only hand out so many antlerless tags per year--hence the draw.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Are there different laws regarding harvesting? We are allowed only one deer per person. (per tag) Both hubby and I hav hunting licences, so he is allowed on deer, as am I--both bucks as we didn't enter the draw.

I don't bow hunt, but hubby does. if he does not fill his tag in bow season, it transfers to gun season, where he is allowed to continue to hunt on the same tag--either with bow or gun, but it would be pointless (IMO and his) to continue with a bow.