SS Garden thread 2011, post your pics here!!

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
Well its getting to that time of year, again!!!! It was a short wearing 52 degrees today, and I am going to start planning my garden this weekend!! There is still inches of snow on the ground here....

I will be soooooo happy getting back to my life, I miss it so much.

After all I have been through in the past 10 months, has also taught me how much I love to garden.

Alright you folks living in the warmer clients, its your job to help the rest of us up here in these cold climates by posting pictures for all to share.....

BRING ON THE GARDEN PICS!!!
animated-gifs-flowers-142.gif

9.gif

ETA climate not client.......

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Too dark right now for pix, but the hosta in the front flower bed is poking up through the mulch right now. We had a foot of snow on the ground 48 hours ago!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
MP, gardening planning is on my agenda for our 4 day weekend. That and clearing space to set up my seed starting table. And making some sort of mouse proof enclosure so I don't lose all my hard work again this year....
BB, my garden is still looking like yours. We had some melting today (almost 60!!) but it's still buried! Take heart the days are getting longer. We'll get there!

ohiogoatgirl

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
it is february and in ohio that means the snow melts and as soon as you see mud or plants it snow storms again...
well this past week has been 40s at night and 60s during the day... this is mid april weather!!! and 40s at night!!! we get nights colder then that in july!

:barnie SOMEONE MAKE MOTHER NATURE STOP TAUNTING ME!!!! :barnie

i've been planning the garden since last summer when i didnt get to garden (was living with mom, now live with dad). have to get on dads butt to order the seeds already!!! i need to start plants!

can't wait! :weee
:weee can't wait!

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
This is my "garden" today. You can see a digging fork at the edge of "the pond". It marks the end of the carrot row. Good thing I dug some up the other day!

The chickens and goats are prepping it for planting later this spring.

5024_100_9715.jpg

Edited to add the pic.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Henrietta23 said:
MP, gardening planning is on my agenda for our 4 day weekend. That and clearing space to set up my seed starting table. And making some sort of mouse proof enclosure so I don't lose all my hard work again this year....
BB, my garden is still looking like yours. We had some melting today (almost 60!!) but it's still buried! Take heart the days are getting longer. We'll get there!
:lol: You will still beat me!