Started biking this weekend

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Although I don't ride a bike myself, I am careful of them on the highways and try to respect their right to be there, even tho our roads are narrow with hills and curves. Local bikers who are actually going somewhere get over on the shoulder if they hear a car approaching. The activity that tics me off is when there is a big "ride" scheduled and all the city-folk come to ride in their pretty lycra outfits. I find them generally to be rude and obnoxious, riding in the middle of the lane, refusing to move over so a car can pass. They ride two and three abreast, so if I tried to "make" one move over, it could cause a crash. So cars have to drive behind them for looong periods of time, at 20 mph. And don't tell me you don't see me back there! Just my little pet peeve for the day. If you wear lycra and live in the city, I'm talkin' to you!:D
If it makes you feel any better. In my youth I was a bad boy. I once through a full slurpy at one of those types. :) Followed the guy for miles and he thought he owned the center of the road. ARGH!! So my inner devil got the best of me and SPLASH!!! Not the worse thing I've done one for the memories. I can still picture it all in slow motion.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
The only good thing about those large groups? There's a group that rides past my horses almost daily, so when Misty meets up w/them out on the trail (and yes, we have met them), she doesn't spook at them.

I also hate to get stuck behind them. IMO, riding like that on a road where the speed limit is 50 or so is dangerous. Eventually, they're going to meet up w/someone who's just a little bit too impatient, and will pass when it may not be the safest and cause an accident.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
The only good thing about those large groups? There's a group that rides past my horses almost daily, so when Misty meets up w/them out on the trail (and yes, we have met them), she doesn't spook at them.
That's why I wish we got more bikers in our little corner of the park, LOL!

Latest posts