Stimulus Checks???

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are we getting another?
I thought I heard we were, but honestly I just don't know?

any one out there know if a second round of checks is coming?

thanks

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
From today's news.

"Democratic congressional leaders threw water on the possibility of passing a second stimulus plan for the U.S. economy during the lame-duck session."

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks
I heard snippets but never saw anything true on it

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, that's just great....I didn't qualify for the first one, probably won't qualify for this one, so they can just kiss my :duc you fill in the blank!

eta: DH just said the second stimulus he heard it's for like roadways and companies? not the people?

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I really don't know about an economic stimulus - every one I know used the last stimulus check we received to pay a bill. The checks were supposed to stimulate the economy by adding to retail sales figures.

I have also heard the stories of a second one coming, but I don't think anybody knows if, when or how much, not even the guys in government.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
oh yea I agree
most used their for bills and true living expenses.
I sure didn't see people running out and buying flat screen tvs or anything..LOL

I would love another one. If the govt has to waste money and throw billions at every fix, then yes, send it my way definitely. better me than a big corp. LOL

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I bought ammo with mine!! Not joking they aint getting mine back till they start some crazy mess then they'll get it back a little at a time. ;)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
LOL-LOL firem3
ammo! good choice!

Cassandra

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
firem3 said:
I bought ammo with mine!! Not joking they aint getting mine back till they start some crazy mess then they'll get it back a little at a time. ;)
:yuckyuck

That's awesome. firem3

They kept mine last year to pay some taxes I had due and some of my husband's child support. (Which was fine with me. At least the bills are getting paid.) It was $1500 that we didn't have to pay out of our salary. I hope they do that this time, too. Will be that much less we owe.

What I thought was really funny, I filed an injured spouse form (to attempt, in vain, to prevent them from taking my tax refunds to pay my husband's bills, but it never works.) So, they did send me a stimulus check for like $1.61 or something. :lol: I spent it!

Cassandra

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
I really hope that the idea of public works makes headway- something like repairing bridges and roads and such- could provide employment and fix things that have been ignores for years. This would give some direct help to people who are in trouble right now.

The trouble with the people who are deciding where the bailout money goes is that they are people who think that money is everything- that making more and more is the whole point of life. That made the messes that happen periodically- their first instinct is to spend more to fix it.

Chairman Mao stated that power came out of the barrel of a gun-oh wait- not good thoughts to emulate I think. I have never seen much humor or cleverness in threats however unreal. Brings down the tone of any discussion.