Stitches??

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
A gal I was talking to on a different forum, one of her goats got it's ear caught somehow and tore it apart a couple inches. She was able to repeatedly numb the wound with ice while she did the stitching so the goat would not feel it and struggle. She posted pictures, it healed up quite nicely.

I haven't had to actually stitch up one of my animals yet, but if I ever do hopefully it will not be anything too life-threatening... Gee.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
A gal I was talking to on a different forum, one of her goats got it's ear caught somehow and tore it apart a couple inches. She was able to repeatedly numb the wound with ice while she did the stitching so the goat would not feel it and struggle. She posted pictures, it healed up quite nicely.

I haven't had to actually stitch up one of my animals yet, but if I ever do hopefully it will not be anything too life-threatening... Gee.
Blackbird ... I love your avatar!

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Well shucks..
hanghead.gif

FF, you are so sweet!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Super glue, krazy glue and surgical glue are basically the same thing

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyanoacrylate

a zillion and a half people have used superglue on wounds by now
and a doc I worked with told me they were the same except the pharaceutical brand is produced under steril conditions or at least pharmacy grade protocols.
I have found no absolute authority stating they were the same or different.