Streak free windows the first time!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
I just might take up cleaning my windows more then twice a year!
Its something I dread doing and naturally put off till it becomes an urgent task. Such as times when parents are coming to visit :lol:

I've used vinegar in the past but was always frustrated with it, cause it never worked like I kept hearing and reading about.
Well, found a recipe recently and tried it out, and I love it :love

2 cups water
3-4 TBSP of white vinegar
1/2 tsp of dishsoap
Place in a spray bottle, grab a dry rag and start cleaning!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Best "rags" I've found for cleaning windows are those micro fabric clothes. I'll have to try this recipe for cleaning windows.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Outdoors I just use hot water and a squeegee with a long pole, indoors I just use hot water and a microfiber window cloth. Previous to microfiber I always used hot water in a spray bottle and newspaper. Never have problems with streaks. :)

lwheelr

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
The efficacy of newspaper for drying a window depends a LOT on your water. Doesn't work too well with hard water, takes a lot of rubbing to get the streaks out.

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have super hard water here, I think the secret is that I use really HOT water and work fast. Nope, no ink smudges :)

My Grandma passed this method on to my Mom and it's what I grew up doing Never had problems with streaks.

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've used just vinegar and water, though I can't recalled the proportions.

My mom and grandma always used newspapers to wipe with, though I tend to just use paper towels.