Sufficent Self Moderators

Nifty

Super Self-Sufficient
Administrator
Reaction score
So, do you guys think we need some moderators over here?

If so, how would you propose we pick them?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Always nice to have guidance...how bout YOU choose them, Nifty! :D

I put in a vote of confidence for PatandChickens...she keeps a cool head, is a fount of information and she seems to be on the forum enough to keep track of things. That is....if you wanted any input... :D ;) :lol:

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I second patandchickens. Her posts are always informative, well written and unbiased.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well, I am going to ask this because I dont understand.....What exactly does a moderator do?

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
A moderator keeps us all in line! :smack
(Fortunatly though, so far, based on what I've seen, we've done a pretty good job at that so a moderators job shouldn't be too hard yet, until all the troublemakers sign on! ;))

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Do ya think we need one? I think this forum is doing well......unless someone wants the position? Either way is fine.

roosmom

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
annmarie said:
A moderator keeps us all in line! :smack
(Fortunatly though, so far, based on what I've seen, we've done a pretty good job at that so a moderators job shouldn't be too hard yet, until all the troublemakers sign on! ;))
thanks annmarie
I think we are doing a good job also. I agree with Farmerchick. I guess that I feel like we should all try to be at least somewhat diplomatic in the feelings we express on any given subject. And also remember that you are reading, and reading is subject to YOUR perception, the other person may say something perfectly innocent to them, but the other person they are typing to may take it the wrong way because they cant see your face or hear your voice......ok, I'll shut up, ya'll know what I am talking about. :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I think, too, that the forum is going quite smoothly. there have been a few instances, but I think we "as in the ones involved" handled things quite well.

Aside from print being subject to interpretation, it is natural to have disagreements, when we are discussing things that are passionate to us.

The people who post here regularly, we all seem to know each other in a cyber kind of way, and we seem to respect each others differences.

I don't think moderation is completely necessary at this point, but I think as the community grows, moderation is definitely going to be needed.

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I agree that its been nice to have to censor ourselves without anyone having to jump in during the instances that things were getting heated.
I think it forces people to work it out and shake it off.
If a mod jumps in and scolds people it kind of never gets resolved between the parties.
Having said that, we really haven't had any instances where they were necessary.
There was one and one of the parties came on and apologized.
Sometimes I feel on the other forums that people will keep fighting and pushing it waiting for a moderator to stop the madness, instead of reigning it in themselves.
I guess I feel like the majority.
I say if it ain't broke don't fix it.

annmarie

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Besides, why would a self-sufficient bunch like us need a moderator, isn't that against our principles? ;)