Super bowl 2018

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm taking a knee this year for the super bowl. I won't be watching / nor streaming, / no super bowl party / no nothing - it's just another Sunday.

I used to be a big NFL fan, but over the years with all the game rules changing, I hardly recognize the game anymore. With all these players (who make millions) taking a knee during to protest the national anthem. I simply just don't care about football any more.

I've watched zero games this season / haven't followed the NFL at all and could care less. So I guess I've took a knee for the entire season in protest.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
caption-by-kittyworks-my-idea-ofa-superbowl-is-a-toilet-13781569.png

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I don't watch football, but hubby does. I don't really care for it, but if someone is going to win, GO EAGLES!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I haven't seen a game all year. Never been much into football. It just doesn't entertain me.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
No football here. DH and kids went to gramma's house for her birthday + super bowl party. The idea of sitting on my butt for 8+ hours and being continuously stressed out about dietary choices did not appeal to me. Plus I don't care for football much, and detest the advertising! Fortunately I was legitimately sick this morning and had a socially-acceptable reason to opt out.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Same here...never saw an NFL game in my life and feel blessed to even say it. Good for you, CC, for boycotting this corrupt organization and sport. :thumbsup

Think of all the money wasted each year on sports that could be funneled into doing something good in the world, like feeding the hungry, providing medical care for those who can't get it, shelter for the homeless, clean water for those who can't get it, etc. I've always felt that sports were a colossal waste of valuable time and money in this world.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I LOVED the game...exciting and entertaining! As far as the money spent on sports - those sports provide jobs for thousands upon thousands of people... and our own much beloved Houstonian, JJ Watt, raised 37 MILLION dollars for Hurricane Harvey relief.

There is corruption everywhere and it's a bit unfair to blame it on sports.... I mean...look at all those Catholic priests who prey on little boys - does that mean all religion is corrupt? A lot of positivity from sports spreads out like spokes on a wheel and touches lives everywhere.

Just my opinion! :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I can tell you that people were eating a LOT in my area. I worked a food samplng today in a WalMart and they couldn't keep up filling the bunkers with frozen chicken wings & meatballs!!! The chip & soda aisles were emptied like a giant vacuum had gone thru. It was as busy as the week before Thanksgiving.

Football is not my thing, don't watch it.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses - Yes, I made the mistake of stopping to pick up a few groceries a couple hours before the game! Took me about 40 minutes to grab a couple bags of chips and a few other snacks. DH waited in the car and got just a bit impatient. I explained to him it was like the Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, lol. Tons of people - but hey - tons more money into our economy because of the big game.