Supplies and equipment resource: fecal exams

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Found this when following a link on byh for AI stud goats....my curiosity got the best of me. So glad I did! There are a bunch of things on this site that would be useful to those of us who are learning and exploring herbal deworming methods and want to monitor it closely.

On my wish list is the second book with all the pictures. I have to do more research, but I imagine it contains pictures of parasites for many different species. I'd do exams on my dogs, too!

There are microscopes, slides, one-step containers (also on my wish list!), flotation solutions, etc.

http://www.biogenicsltd.com/fecal.html

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'll have to look into that. I've been wanting to learn how to do my own fecals for quite some time now. I have a microscope and slides, but don't have a clue as to how to do a fecal. My vet was going to show me, but neither of us have ever had the time. :(

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
There is a nice, simple tutorial on www.fiascofarm.com that I've been using, along with reading some other sites. I'd really like to see more pics, though, as I've run into some eggs that weren't on Molly's list.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Great resources. I have the microscope and slides too, but didn't know how to take the next step.