Supply Chain Upheaval

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I live in Hurricane country now, lol. We're pretty well always stocked up, but I've been slacking a little because we have so much already. I still replace everything I get low on so I almost always have two of everything in the pantry. For instance, used the last of the mayonnaise for chicken salad so went to the pantry got another and then added it to the grocery list. There's still one in the pantry and a fresh one in the fridge and by tomorrow there'll be another one in my shopping cart.

I wish I could find some of those larger cuts of meat on sale. I had hoped that July 4th sales would include brisket - but nope. About the only meat I saw on sale for the 4th was hot dogs. Ugh!

I'm hoping lumber prices keep dropping. I haven't priced anything yet, but have some projects in mind that I'd like to get started with cooler weather on the horizon.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bought an extra pack of TP as it's getting touchy here again. Im good until next summer.

Getting any specific item takes patience right now. I'm still waiting for a new gem module for my truck. It's been on order since January. The mechanic cleaned up the old one well enough that everything is working again but it does need replaced.

I bought that little plastic 4x6 shed to use as a root cellar of sorts. Got the thin reflective insulation up in it. It did well with heat, will see on cold. I can run a power cord out there if really needed. I still have a chick heat lamp I can put up and 100 watt incandescent bulbs if it starts to get to freezing.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
DH has a jean jacket from college. They're back in style 20-some years later and it still fits. 😂

Part of managing clothing is just staying the same size! I bought new (used) coats this year because I lost 30# since I last bought coats.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I should go load up on blue jeans before I sell and move. There is a Vanity Fair Outlet about an hour north of me. I get blue Jeans normally for less than $10. I've got some tattered jeans that can hit the trash and make room for new ones.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
other than not wearing tennis shoes that's about the same for me for most of my out and about wear (i like my crocs instead for shoes). i have plenty of clothes i rarely wear so i'm in no danger of going without. when i find some i like i buy extras because i don't know if they'll ever carry them again. i have a few extra pairs of new crocs to keep my feet happy and enough garden pants to keep me going out there for probably the rest of my life.

i've never been a big clothes shopper anyways. one nice thing about being a homebody is that i don't care much about how i look so i can wear the old grubby t-shirts that used to be my more formal out and about t-shirts. it still may take me ten to twenty years to wear out a t-shirt.
DH will wear his t-shirts out. Until the fabric shreds and they literally fall off him. Takes about 20 years. 🤣🤷‍♀️

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I don't expect much of shortages to affect my family.

Christmas shopping is done, so shortages of cheap imported gift items wont affect us.

We already buy used clothing so shortages of imported clothing wont affect us. I already topped off our winter gear and kids are set for clothes and shoes through next fall.

I have mixed feelings about supply chain issues, mostly :pop

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I lived in hurricane country most of my life. Hurricanes cause a rush on everything, then afterwards there are bare shelves for awhile.

This supply chain upheaval is like a never ending hurricane. I have squirrel DNA, always stocking up on stuff anyway, so if I see something that I use, I get it.

life just stomped all over me, so durned if I know what I'll need, not need, want or not. I guess maybe I ought to get a few cans of coffee. That's about all I can think of right now. Oh, need a dishwasher, mine broke, can't sell a house without a dishwasher.:ep

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I lived in hurricane country most of my life. Hurricanes cause a rush on everything, then afterwards there are bare shelves for awhile.

This supply chain upheaval is like a never ending hurricane. I have squirrel DNA, always stocking up on stuff anyway, so if I see something that I use, I get it.

life just stomped all over me, so durned if I know what I'll need, not need, want or not. I guess maybe I ought to get a few cans of coffee. That's about all I can think of right now. Oh, need a dishwasher, mine broke, can't sell a house without a dishwasher.:ep
Coffee for sure! With enough coffee you can figure out the rest. (((hugs))) One foot in front of the other, whenever you are able, and you'll find your way to solid ground. 💓