Supply Chain Upheaval

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The issue isn't TP per se, it's the wood for the pulp, to make it. Most stores I see are stocked. I know I am overstocked at home. Most problems are possible lack of a component to make, or package, then transport issues.

But devastating weather is playing he)) with food production, as well as livestock feed.
Trickle down is everywhere. Prices will keep rising!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i know i'm odd, but a dishwasher would not be a selling positive point at all. i'd much rather have the cupboard space and one less thing to break or leak or ...
I have a dishwasher in there already. I bought a new one when we bought the house. So to sell, I need one that WORKS! LOL Plus, I like a dishwasher.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The local news just had a short blurb on shortages. It seems that China has a power shortage and is closing factories on certain days to conserve power.

The whole world moved manufacturing to China and made them a wealthy country. Now it's coming back to bite us in the backside.

I worked in furniture stores years back. I watched as China bought bedroom sets, tables, chairs, etc and took them back to China so they could copy and make the same for much less. American companies folded, unable to compete, like a row of dominoes. Soon there was none left. Then China raised their prices.

This happened in every industry.

We outsourced our labor. Middle class and lower paid workers suffered the loss. I used to work in Lufkin Industries, building oil field pumping units. That place is closed, razed to the ground and gone. I made a decent living for the years I worked there. People used to make a good living working in factories. We have made a Communist country filthy rich so they can go to war against us. How foolish we have been.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a dishwasher in there already. I bought a new one when we bought the house. So to sell, I need one that WORKS! LOL Plus, I like a dishwasher.

good luck finding one that fits! you may need to sell it as is if you can't get one. so many container ships are stacked up waiting to get into the ports that lead time on a new one may be months away. if anything just get a picture of a dishwasher and put it on there. :) just kidding of course, but the good luck and patience may be needed...

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Clothing shortages are official now. I'm feeling very prescient today 🤣

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I guess now the price of second hand clothes are going to go up. :idunno
There's so much excess clothing, IDK how much increased demand would really affect prices. I imagine children's seasonal clothing and footwear would be most limited and most likely to see price increases. JMO

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Brazil had rough year for coffee crop and global coffee price is up. Shortages of higher-end coffees are expected to push prices up. I picked up a couple extra packs of coffee today because I prefer organic, fair trade certified. I want shade grown coffee, but that's hard to find normally. The coffee I bought was from Peru and Honduras, and was normal price.