Survey to see what kind of prepper you are.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I'm a woods walking, primitive skills aficionado. My friends have told me B4 that if they get lost in the woods, they want me w/them.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
lol, they said I am a woods walking, primitive skills aficionado too.... the problem is, I know HOW, but not sure if my broke down old body CAN for long periods

elwood

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
and I get the same as you two lol.

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Britesea, I have a lot of head knowledge, but haven't really used much of it, I haven't had to, nor have I had the time to really get into it.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Maybe that will be our value in coming hard times- as receptacles of important, almost lost knowledge?

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
809fcb83-5594-4ed3-a287-392253b4f617.jpg

You had an outdoor living room before they were trendy!

You represent the "hippies" of the group. To you, survival is about making your own clothes, building your own home, foraging for your food, and in all other possible ways being “at one” with our mother earth. You have learned a tremendous amount about living off the land.

You draw much of your inspiration from indigenous peoples, and like them, you are adept at being able to make shelter, weapons, tools, utensils and all other implements from the materials that nature gives you.

You pride yourself on being able to make fire with flint and steel, a bow drill, hand drill, and a variety of other ways.

A large fixed blade knife is your best friend and with it, you can shelter, hunt, make snares, and lots more.

Even though you may be skilled at carving a life out of the wilderness, you shouldn't let this distract you from other important areas of prepping. In order to avoid becoming lopsided, make sure you aren't discounting firearms and security, stored food, communications or emergency medical.

These other areas of prepping will serve you well in brief and acute disasters.

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Given the flexibility, I would have different answers to many of the questions. For someone already living in a rural area with smaller towns around rather than big urban spaces, the problems may not be the same. For someone with space for foraging and hunting as well as a spring fed water source on site with plenty of stored foods, bug out bags and lock picking seem silly.

WendyJ

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
LOL - While I would love to move out of the suburbs, that doesn't seem likely in the near future. I will just focus on what skills I would find useful now, including being invisible, which is really the best kind of security to have. :hide

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Some of the questions they asked, I honestly didn't know what to put for an answer, like the one about the movie. I haven't seen ANY of those movies, so I just picked one.