SW WASHINGTON

KeyPenCoop

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
:lol: If there's a thread for Western WA: I sure couldn't find it!

Hi! I am Kelly and we live on Key Peninsula, quite South of Key Center. We have 5.5 acres, raise chickens for eggs, and garden as many months as the weather will allow. We have two German Shepherds, a Yellow Cocketeal and a turtle, and 13 laying hens.

We look forward to becoming more self-sufficient. Next year we are getting a goat or two, some more fruit trees(have a few now), and I want to look more into setting up to have a bee colony.

So where are the Washingtonians?? What do you do??

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
:welcome So glad you have joined us! You have the same plans for your place as I do for mine, so perhaps we will compare notes on here! Nice to meet you, Kelly. :)

KeyPenCoop

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
:frow Thank you so much for the welcome, Beekissed!! Do you have bees??:D

So it sounds as though you are an aspiring farmer too? I got a wee start on it this past year. I built a real nice coop for my hens with a nice run, as well as built two 8' x 16' sheds, poured a huge pad(28' x 44') that was going to be for a rental spot---so it has power/water/septic--- but were not renting it out now out of fear from previous experiences......, and also tended my two 6' x 20' raised vegetable beds(more next year)...... I always want to do more than I can actually do........need more hours in the day, you know?
Well, I hope you have a great weekend!!

KeyPenCoop

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you sweetcorn:cool:
This is pretty quiet around here.............
Nobody from the South Sound area, huh.........come on. I know I 've seen some familier names from BYC 'round here---some South Sounders at that.....

Hope everybody's having a great weekend!!

Latest posts