Tell me I am not the only one....

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have this habit of surveying everyone elses grocery buggies when we grocery shop, like I will look at it and see what all they buy. It's sort of a game to me, and I'll mentally say "ummmm thats processed junk, don't eat it" or I'll think "we ain't bought a can of that in years" :lol:

Tell me I am not the only one? :lol:

That is alll :p

so lucky

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You ain't the only one! I find myself getting downright judgemental sometimes, especially when I can tell that they really need less processed junk. It is such a shame what people eat, thinking it is food! And then I see a lot of borderline intellectually deficient folks who are on their own, proudly filling their baskets with TV dinners, breaded mystery meat, canned spaghetti, frozen pancakes, fruit flavored drinks. I want so badly to tell them they are poisoning themselves, but they don't have the time for me to educated them right then, and neither do I.When I worked with the mentally ill, many of whom were borderline IQ, I was so busy trying to get their behavior to acceptable limits, I didn't have enough time to rework their whole lives, although it was badly needed.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I have however found lots of people, don't understand food or nutrition. Its sad :/

Bettacreek

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I USED to. Until I realized that I was being judgmental about it and stopped. George has always stuck around the "good sections" of the grocery store. He hits the candy aisle though, then it's meats, produce and milk. Once in a blue moon he'll hit the canned aisle. Me? Once in awhile I'll get in a kick and buy processed junk. Like, two days ago I went and bought four 2L of coke (it was $1/each and I'm in my bad coke habit that I get once every two years or so), some yogurt and some milk. I spent about 45 minutes in the store just for those few items, lol.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I ALWAYS patrol the canned aisle for sales.... :hide

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I don't really shop at the grocery store, except for milk, legumes from the Indian Foods aisle, and the odd staple item like sugar or baking soda. When I do go into a grocery store, I grab a cart, hit the aisles I need to hit, and get out quickly--I hate grocery shopping and always go with a list/when things are on sale. We get our meat, veggies/fruit, spices, honey, eggs & cheese from the year-round farmer's market, and our grains from a local supplier.

Can't really tell what other people have bought at the farmer's market, pretty much everyone brings their own cloth bags--which aren't see-through ;)

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I found myself doing this when the ice cream truck came down the street. I had to stop myself as well. :hide

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i saw people the other day with 2 little kids and a baby and they had a cart with frozen waffles, frozen pizza, chicken nuggets, canned spagetti. EVERTHING they bought was canned or frozen- no fresh friut/vegies (in fact no fruit/vegies at all), no real meat. geeze, you spend $2.00 a can for the canned spagetti, but you can spend .89 on a package of name brand spagetti noodles and $1.00 for a can of hunts spagetti sauce, and make 5X what comes in one can.

i dont judge too harshly, i was there. then i woke up.

but i do notice.

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You aren't the only one BB :D

I'm sure I've mentioned before, somewhere on here, that I 'notice' what is on the conveyor belt in front of me :hide I have noticed that, the older the shopper, the more fresh items they have. Weirdly enough, there has been a slow transition with the older shoppers too - over the last year or so, they have started to go from occasionally seeing wine with their purchase, to almost always seeing wine with their purchase! (The boxed variety seems to be most popular) :hu

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I used to do that too, BB! :lol: But then it got to be such a span between what I buy and what others buy that I gave up shaking my head about all the differences and I just turn a blind eye to it. It began to dismay me that so many live a life so uninformed....or worse, informed but just not caring. Now I just quickly do what shopping that I must and get the heck out of Dodge. :p