The 100 Meter Diet Blog

Peskychicken

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all ... Peskychicken here. I've started a blog to chronicle my 1 year journey on a 100 meter diet where I only eat food produced on my small hobby farm. I do have a few exceptions of course ... Flour, vinegar, spices, yogurt starter, sugar, etc. Things that I can't make or grow on our property (yet) ... everything else I'm growing or raising.

Many of you here at SufficientSelf may appreciate and enjoy reading my blog so I invite you to check it out and let me know what you think.

http://100mdiet.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance!
Peskychicken

Peskychicken

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks Pam. By the way I checked out your blog as well. I hope you are enjoying your new goats. I love their colouring.

Cheers,
Peskychicken

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Peskychicken said:
Thanks Pam. By the way I checked out your blog as well. I hope you are enjoying your new goats. I love their colouring.

Cheers,
Peskychicken
Thank you! I am so far behind on my blog it is ridiculous!
I really appreciate your soap making post! Your syrup looks finger licking good!! Your weight loss is inspirational!
We have not had a problem at all getting our kiddos to drink the goat's milk...more the opposite problem, we are not getting enough milk! LOL!
I look forward to reading more of your blog!

Edited to add: Your homemade noodles are inspirational!! I have been wanting to do this for so long! I have all of the stuff, I just haven't done it yet!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
After seeing it on your blog, I had my DH stop and pick my mom's EVIL mandolin slicer up and I am making homemade potato chips!! YUMMO!!! We had two bags of potatoes sent home with the boys last weekend that were leftover from their camp out and I had not yet been ambitious an done anything with them but once I saw your homemade potato chips it made me want some! LOL! :pop

Peskychicken

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
I'm glad you like the blog and I hope the chips turn out. A few minutes at 375 degrees should do it. Flip them a couple times while they're in the oil.

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Peskychicken said:
I'm glad you like the blog and I hope the chips turn out. A few minutes at 375 degrees should do it. Flip them a couple times while they're in the oil.
They are turning out great! We make homemade French fries and corn dogs all the time so I have got the deep frying down! LOL! :drool

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
:thumbsup 26 lbs! Awesome!!! I am also maintaining my weight very easily now, pushing 50, and no longer struggling to maintain my weight. And the food! The amazing food!!! Can't wait to put dem pigs in the freezer!

Have you had popcorn with goat butter and feta yet??? To die for!

:welcome

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to the insanity, glad to have you! :welcome

Your blog is cool!