the funny farm, i am back

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What a blessing to have you back! Waiting on updates!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Welcome back! Looking forward to the updates :)

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I wasn't here when you were here before, but welcome back! Glad to see people return!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
wow, so it looks like my last post was from 2012. honestly didn't think it had been that long. back then I had 4 teen girls. and my little farm was doing good. my husband worked for a private boarding school for troubled teens. he loved his job and working with the kids. a little over 2 years ago, it was shut down because the owner is a giant moron and her was left without a job. [he had been there 10+ years] so he took the opportunity to go to school and get his CDL [he has many family members in the industry and kinda grew up in it]. by this point all the kids had graduated and moved out. so I was here alone. finally I sold all the animals and went on the road with him. and did that for a little over a year. but my health on the road wasn't the best, and I missed my farm and animals. so about 3 weeks ago, he was offered a local job, and took it. it pays less than what he made on the road, but I just couldn't go anymore. slow but sure starting the farm back up. seems all those who said to let them know when I start back up have forgotten promises of help. lol. I kinda figured that though. needing all new fences, pens, and cages. we have new neighbors who are giant pains in my butt. the only animal we had left here was my old semi feral Catahoula. and about 2 months ago someone poisoned her. we have been told it was this neighbor. he owns all the ground around us and we are being told he wants our land [4.8 acres] because it is the only part on this side of the road he doesn't own. for the right price he can have it... we have 2 grandbabies now. 1 girl and 1 boy. born within 6 days of each other. they couldn't have planed that any closer if they tried. after having 4 girls the grandson is the apple of my husbands eye. they are 2 years old now. and so much fun.

got to go, a friend is bringing me some chickens today.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow - you did go through some big changes! Life on the road must have been a unique experience and I'll bet you have some stories about that!

Are you close to your grandkids? If not, I'd sell out to the old curmudgeon and move closer to the little ones!

If not, hope you get your place critter friendly again and can pick back up with farm life!