THE HUNTING THREAD. POST PICS, STORIES, AND RECIPES

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Okay this is the official hunting thread. Hunting is a fun way to be self-sufficent. Responsible hunting is the only way of hunting for me. I eat all that I can, and i will also shoot squirrels for various things as tails for fly-tying, decoration, fishing lures and meat sometimes.
So go post.......
Oh here is a pic of the late spetember duck hunt.
My limit on wood ducks boy were they tastey.
001-8.jpg

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ticks, if you ever feel the need to be adopted...my family will take you...we need a hunter around here...my dock is always full of ducks, my front yard full of Canada geese, and we have alot of deer and a few moose too:>) Gosh i even have an empty freezer in the shed to hold it all:>)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Ticks, if you ever feel the need to be adopted...my family will take you...we need a hunter around here...my dock is always full of ducks, my front yard full of Canada geese, and we have alot of deer and a few moose too:>) Gosh i even have an empty freezer in the shed to hold it all:>)
What WMU are you in?????? Maybe a road trip is in order!!!!!!!!!!!Yumm... Canada goose!!!!!Moose!!!!!!!! Not a big fan of ducks though--I think it is a texture thing.

Ticks --you are such a cuteeee!!!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
MorelCabin said:
What WMU are you in?????? Maybe a road trip is in order!!!!!!!!!!!Yumm... Canada goose!!!!!Moose!!!!!!!! Not a big fan of ducks though--I think it is a texture thing.

Ticks --you are such a cuteeee!!!!
The lake brings in all the wildlife. During winter we watch the deer everyday at 7:00 pn cross the lake in front of our house to go bed down at the island for the night. Every morning at around 6:30-7 they return to the mainland again. We have a bit of everything here...ran into a bear on the road when I was walking back from my mailbox a few weeks ago...I guess ya gotta take the good with the bad:>)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
COOL Ticks---good to see you!!
nice ducks!
you look like you sure enjoy your hunting time and that is great!

Tony would kill to be with you hunting..LOL

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Nice pic Ticks!
My dad loved to hunt and fish. I went along with him many times, mostly just birds, pheasant, duck quail.... but never developed a taste for wild game. Too easy to just have a hot dog as a kid!
Really nowhere to hunt near me, we used to drive about an hour or more. I do have fishing though, we really should do more of that. I wish I would have paid more attention to dad on those hunting trips so that I could pass a valuable skill on to my son :(

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Awwwww, ticks! Who knew you were such a baby faced cutey? :D Very beautiful ducks.....how do you normally prepare your ducks?

ticks

Hunting Crazy
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Awwwww, ticks! Who knew you were such a baby faced cutey? :D Very beautiful ducks.....how do you normally prepare your ducks?
Thanks. :p
I usually get the brest meat out of the ducks, it is simple and quick.
Then we drench them in terriyaki (sp?) sauce and grill them until they are rare. Wood ducks are especially good, as they are corn, rice, and acorn feed.

Woodland Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey Ticks! That is so cool. I try to get my husband to hunt but he just likes fishing.

That looks like beautiful country!