The Iceman Cometh

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
There's a winter storm a brewing for us folks that border the corners of Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, and Kentucky - thems talk of 6 inches of snow and ice but should not be as bad as last years "Ice storm of 2009" which is almost to the anniversary date.

Last year I was without power for about two weeks but have a wood stove that I cooked all my meals on and heated the house with, I also have a small generator that kept my refrigerator and coffee pot running, it also ran my computer and a few lights too. Last week I got the generator primed and ready for action and split a bunch of wood for fuel. The town folk never really think about that stuff being in a bubble of false security and high taxes.

Out here in the country you could hear generators running in all directions as most that live in the boonies are always ready for anything. My biggest fear was not being without necessities as I have supplies to last several months but as Wifezilla succinctly pointed out in her infamous zombie post was "mob-rule" from the scared and ill prepared.

Being human with the ability to reason sets us apart from other animals and with that comes compassion, but at what point do you call all bets off and protect you and yours with a murderous fervor? By the way do you think pit-bulls would fry up tasty?

SKR8PN

Late For Supper
Reaction score
The ICEMAN has already BEEN here................

When .... "THEY".... begin to appear on... "MY"... horizon........and they are ARMED....and HUNGRY...... AND AGGRESSIVE.........
THEN.... I consider them BAD GUYS, and "THEY"... begin to die.....
:D :D :D

PIT BULLS????? Would NEVER fry up "tasty" for me............
Perhaps be necessary......but never tasty........

ANSWER your question??

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
I said that kinda tongue in cheek, they are not only great friends and bed warmers but a mob deterrent too.

bbq.jpg

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
If The Iceman Cometh then I'm screwed, :/ I don't have pit bulls or guns. :(
I have a Rottweiler and a compound bow does that count? I don't think there will be any ice here though.

If thats the storm that blew by me on Sun. It is surely a cold one.

Be safe.

gina

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
As you said in your more than generous shelter and food sharing post I can bring the pit bulls, but judging from you growing up in Wisconsin in the 70's then another 35 years in Texas and the last couple of years in Washington state - my guess is I wouldn't make it past your hot flash attacks.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
xpc said:
big brown horse said:
As you said in your more than generous shelter and food sharing post I can bring the pit bulls, but judging from you growing up in Wisconsin in the 70's then another 35 years in Texas and the last couple of years in Washington state - my guess is I wouldn't make it past your hot flash attacks.
:lol: Hey, you are good with numbers! (I was born in the year of the dog, but no hot flashes yet. :p )

xpc

Doubled and twisted
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
big brown horse said:
I have a Rottweiler and a compound bow does that count? I don't think there will be any ice here though.

If thats the storm that blew by me on Sun. It is surely a cold one.

Be safe.

gina
Rotts and the silent bow is a good thing, no smoke or sound to give away your position. The storm will be here tomorrow:

"Snow may fall along a line from Marble Hill
Missouri to Greenville Kentucky. Closer to the Arkansas and
Tennessee state lines bordering Kentucky and Missouri... amounts
may exceed 6 inches. Some sleet may mix in with the snow... mainly
along a line from Poplar Bluff Missouri to Hopkinsville
Kentucky."

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
xpc said:
The town folk never really think about that stuff being in a bubble of false security and high taxes.
We think about it.. ;) then jump in our 4 wheel drive SUV, drive 6 blocks to the grocery, stock up on soymilk and bread and organic baked non trans fat sweet potatoe chips, peel out of the parking lot to get back home to safety before the ice comes, almost run over a little old lady walking her dog as we turn into the drive, and breath a sigh of relief that we are so prepared... :th

My neighbors make me giggle :gig :D