The New Little Things to Tax

enjoy the ride

Sufficient Life
Reaction score
BigDaddy- have gone through the pot thing before-don't want to go there again- all I want to say is that it is no a requirement to legalize anything to tax it. There is no requirement that a business be legal, only profitable. It would sure be a good way fot the state to recoup some of the money they pay out to convict thieves and cheats.
If you ask me, it should be part of every prosecution if there are assets to take.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Too bad they can't figure out that they're spending too much money and they need to cut their own salaries and perks (including those negotiated with unions), just as we have to cut back when we see a drop in income. Until I see some serious progress towards those goals they don't deserve another dime of my money. I'm talking about lifetime health insurance benefits after ten years public work (that's the law around here, it's been negotiated with the unions), salary increases they vote themselves year after year, lavish offices, inventing positions to give to their friends (here in Massachusetts it's known as the Hackarama, hacks are people who are 'in' with the power structure, uncles, cousins, cousins of cousins who get positions before anyone else). These kinds of things go on to a certain extent everywhere, it's just more blatant here in Massachusetts.

Reaction score
People that work for the city don't make a whole lot. Social workers make in the 25-30k range. Cops avg around 30-50k. That's not a whole lot. I agree Washington waste a huge amount of money. We're talking state level right now. I'm sure a lot of people would argue that the entitlement programs should be cut, but those people have to live too. What's the saying about taxes and death.

By the way the feds do seize all assets of drug dealers or even suspected drug dealers. So if they want they can take your car for having a joint on board. As usual they have they're collective head where the sun doesn't shine when it comes to those issues.