This Journal Section

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I was away for the past two days (to a beekeeping meeting and then up to the house in Maine). I've noticed a troubling trend (and received a PM about it from another member). You all are posting to your journal and not doing much else on the rest of the forum. There are subjects in your journals being discussed that used to be discussed in their appropriate section in the other forums. I was afraid this was going to happen. I have no idea how to fix it - but please remember, there's a whole big forum here to discuss our self-sufficiency.....and I guess what's running through my head right now isn't mean as an insult or meanly, but - it's not all about you. Or me. Or anyone else. In a way we're a community, pulling together, and I'd like to see the community grow that way.

Does any of this make any sense? Thoughts?

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
That is a quandary..... :hu How bout, if it comes up in an ongoing conversation, it stays in the journal. If its just a daily journal entry and it involves something like recipes, building projects, etc. it should be directed to the appropriate place. Maybe the journal entry could say:

I did blah, blah, blah today and also ~insert topic~ but will post about that in the appropriate thread.

Whatdoyasay? :pop

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That's a good thought, something to be mindful of. More thoughts from others?

I think keeping things of a personal nature (like the medical problems we're having here) in the journals are appropriate. Personal musings, that's what I was hoping would show up in the journals.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I've been trying to post things in other areas as well! I posted about my new goat baby in the Sufficient family area and asked for goat help in the everything else ss.

I wanted to try to keep my journal entry for what I did today or express how my day went. Is that what you are meaning reinbeau?

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have a hard time keeping up with it all. I love to read the daily's in the journal section. But when I am gone for more that 8 hours I fall behind. I do ask my questions in specific areas. :(

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
You are right. It is happening. I guess we just kind of got carried away. I read other parts of the forum but end up back at the journals.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I admit I find the journals overwhelming, and I miss the usual/regular postings. I guess this has stopped me from starting my own journal entry (that, and the fact that I am finding very little time to do so.)

I like the journal section, but what if the journal section was just for the op to post on. If anything of interest came up--maybe a new post could be started about it in an appropriate section?? Just thinking aloud.... IDK.

Wildsky

Femivore
Reaction score
I've noticed this too - I prefer to see threads dedicated to a specific subject, I don't really want to read every single journal to see whats going on and to see new idea's etc.
:/