This place is a s... hole

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So over the past week I've been doing some mechanic work, wife's car, my truck, bobcat, sawmill and at the same time I've also been doing some electrical work.

My son came into the shop, looked at my work table and said this place is a **** hole. Still see empty table space and I don't see any sense in cleaning up until after the job is done. Yeah so I got a little mess but 1/2 hour and I'll have it all picked up, floor swept. Then I 'll change over to a woodworking project and make another mess. It's a vicious circle I tell you!

Want to play where Waldo? :eek:

IMG_20180418_194253317.jpg

Joel_BC

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You know what? I'd always rather see a space (or bench top) where somebody gets things accomplished than a neat-as-a-pin "shop" that some set dresser concocts for a tool-company ad. Or some organizing expert shows on their promotional website.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's an established fact that creative people have messy workspaces, as they work on one project they are inspired and get ideas for other projects, which need to be started before they are forgotten... and so it goes.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am guilty. My husband has taken over cleaning the kitchen and I am more than happy to let him. He has OCD tendencies and has centered on the kitchen. I cook, make a mess and he goes behind me, cleans it all up and puts things where I can't find them. LOL He rearranges the pantry and I can't find anything. So I buy some more of.......what I can't find......sigh.

There are garden seeds on the table......I need to clean up the leftovers from building the Pig Palace and the latest chicken tractor/coop...... I got the pigs out of the trailer, the chickens off the porch and now I can address the plants that need to be set out in the garden....then clean up all the mess on the porch.....

Thanks for reminding me of all this.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It's an established fact that creative people have messy workspaces, as they work on one project they are inspired and get ideas for other projects, which need to be started before they are forgotten... and so it goes.
I must be awful durned creative.......

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@CrealCritter maybe I should send you some pics of what it looks like around my new shed right now.. Don't show it to him though, he will drop dead ;) Mess=productivity=mess, it's inevitable.