Tomato cheese sandwich

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Nothing like a juicy garden fresh tomato cheese sandwich.

Two slices of bread, Dukes mayo, slice of cheese, sliced ripe tomato. :drool Makes gardening totally worth it.

IMG_20190824_142751455_HDR.jpg

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm having to use cherry tomatoes in my cheese sandwiches now. But, the big ones are getting ready to be ready. Love a tomato cheese sandwich. I leave out the mayo, and add a lettuce basil leaf. Might even put some crumbled bacon in there! YUM! YUM!!! Looking at that sandwich made me drool!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
This may sound crazy, but if you butter the bread on the outside and brown it in a fry pan like you would a regular cheese sandwich but with duke and tomatoes. it sets a tomato sandwich over the top of the totally delicious meter.

Last edited:

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We no longer keep a toaster. If I want toast, I do it in the cast iron skillet. Yep. Any sandwich with cheese MUST be toasted. When I was nursing babies, I would eat 2 Colby Cheese and tomato sandwiches for lunch EVERY day.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So after having this grilled garden ripe tomato and cheese sandwich. A guy has to stop and ask himself, is there a better sandwich anywhere in the world?

Butter one side both pieces of bread, dukes mayo the other side of both pieces. Heat pan, place one slice bread butter side down, add slices of tomato to cover, lightly salt, add a layer of cheese, add another layer of sliced tomato, lightly salt, add second piece bread dukes mayo side down. Flip and brown bread, so delicious :drool

IMG_20190907_141041338.jpg

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I don't like cheese on my mater sandwich...just tomato, sweet onion, Miracle Whip and hot pepper butter/jam. That's my go to garden delight each year...though now if I have one, I get gout and suffer for days afterwards.

Worth it.