Trading Places

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have to admit, though, when the kids were younger, I was too tired for sex sometimes. I didn't just get though it without complaint--I just said NO WAY!!!

The joke is funny. And it is true that the other person sometimes doesn't understand what goes on if they don't experience it first hand.--Be it a stay a home mom or dad.:D

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I found the joke to be hilarious as well. I have worked with my hubby and know that I wouldn't trade places with him any day. I also know that he has enough sense not to knock what I do either.

About marriage, most people are unhappy for one reason or other and don't want to see others make it. My hubby and I are happy every day and I see that it bothers people sometimes. I feel bad for them because we have a great life and the key to my marriage is to put him first as he puts me first. The other stuff can wait but he's my best friend and he understands me.

Yeah, we argue sometimes but not for long and we respect the others' interests and wishes. I have to admit we swallow our pride sometimes but we are never sorry we did it.

I only wish every other married couple could get along so well.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
I just want to say that I apologize if I stepped on anyone's toes. I never meant to demean, degrade or disrespect anyone's gender, station in life or personal choices.

:duc

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Punkin, please don't worry about that at ALL. Like I said, FUNNY joke! I like the pregnant punch line especially. I just was being prodded for a response, so I gave one, which was perhaps a bit of a tangent. But seriously, you are in NO WAY stepping on anyone's toes by telling a funny joke. I'm sorry if I made it seem that way at all. Really, I'm just a regular person. I'm almost impossible to offend. I just also get on weird tangents like that pretty easily. :)