trampoline frame greenhouse

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
Last fall I helped cover a poly hoop house. One thing that you may find that you need is a wood base around the bottom for the plastic. hwillm's link shows that correctly done. We had people and weights every 5 feet to hold it in place while slats were screwed to secure onto the wood foundation.
We get gusts of wind here that will rip the plastic right off unless it is secured.
Also we pulled a double layer of plastic over it, but it gets very cold here in winter and you may not require that.

ksalvagno

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
What a great start. I was always told with barns to build as large as you can afford and the same probably should apply to greenhouses because you seem to outgrow those things so fast.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We plan on reinforcing it really well with wood. The pvc is mostly just a support for the plastic. The pvc will be supported with wood since I don't really like the idea of it possibly breaking with snow on my plants. In that pic it hasn't been squared on the bottom yet. We are also going to add stiff fencing wire over the pvc under the plastic to prevent it from sagging in rain or snow. I will add pics as it progresses.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Darn I have an old unused trampoline and was hoping to see a pic of the finished products. Does anyone who is following this thread have a picture of one of these repurposed tramps?

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry! :p We are going to use our frame now for a kiwi or grape vine arch.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks for the link very informative. I added pvc to my raised beds and never got the plastic on. So now it's pretty much spring I guess I will wait until next year. :idunno

We have wind issues being at the top of a hill so I am not sure how to safely attach the plastic. Or where to purchase a piece big enough for one continuous cover.

I guess I'll work on that next.

gina

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I bought my plastic from poly-tex. I haven't recieved it yet though, which is alright since we're not really ready for it. They do any size as long as the width meets one of their widths.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
Why couldn't you just make the trampoline in to a garden dome?

jaxking

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
That is brilliant idea, have you finished now? show us the pictures. By the way, are those parts from springfree trampoline?

txhomegrown

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
rebecca100 said:
We plan on reinforcing it really well with wood. The pvc is mostly just a support for the plastic. The pvc will be supported with wood since I don't really like the idea of it possibly breaking with snow on my plants. In that pic it hasn't been squared on the bottom yet. We are also going to add stiff fencing wire over the pvc under the plastic to prevent it from sagging in rain or snow. I will add pics as it progresses.
I had 3 of these greenhouses set up at one time, and they work just fine as long as you make sure the plastic doesn't sag, and it is supported well so that it can't shift from end to end. It looks like you have all those bases covered. Mine weren't as big as yours. I used single 20' pieces of PVC for the spans, so they weren't as tall or as wide as yours. They were 30' long and I could put a lot of plants in them. You got the good plastic, so you should get years of use out of it.

Latest posts