Trimming goat hooves - am I really that much of a perfectionist?

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Farmfresh said:
The ARS 140 DXR Hoof Trimmers from Premier 1 Supplies are supposed to be sized for smaller hands. I have no personal experience with them, but we need to order some for Malcolm's feet. Anyone had personal experience with these?
I read that as from "PEIR 1" and was like :ep My Peir 1 doesn't sell stuff like that!

I've only ever used the crappy green handle trimmers and the gardening shears, both which were from TSC. I'll take the gardening ones anyday...unless someone wants to buy me some real ones! :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
When it comes to a tool I have found it usually PAYS ME in the long run to buy a good one at the start. I will invest in some good clippers. Better that than struggle, even one time, with crap IMO.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
I've used these and liked them, and I now use these. They're several years old, and I'm considering buying another pair. Well, mine are actually the Burgeon and ball EZ trims. I really like them. My requirements for hoof trimmers are 1)small blades (thin and easy to maneuver) 2) they need to be sharp, and have pointy tips) and 3) small size and able to tuck into pockets if needed.

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'm just turned off to those kinds because of the first pair I had. They looked exactly like the 2nd pair you've had for a while and you know how a bad taste sticks in your mouth....

I'm all for buying something that's WORTH it, but when the pair that's supposedly worth it isn't, I look for cheaper options. Maybe I just got a good pair of garden shears???

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
glenolam said:
I'm just turned off to those kinds because of the first pair I had. They looked exactly like the 2nd pair you've had for a while and you know how a bad taste sticks in your mouth....

I'm all for buying something that's WORTH it, but when the pair that's supposedly worth it isn't, I look for cheaper options. Maybe I just got a good pair of garden shears???
What brand were the ones you didn't like? Maybe it was an off brand or something?

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh I'm sure it's an off brand...lemme see if the website has them...

Nope, they don't. They looked just like your green handle 2nd pair there, but were at TSC for about $12-$15 I think...