Turkey season--anyone going out? update!

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I went to go buy turkey licences yesterday, the season opened on Monday. The two locations I went to are sold out of licences. Hubby is going to pick them up in the city he works in so we can get out next week.

anyone else a turkey hunter?

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I'd love to go and shoot me up a turkey....just never have yet. Maybe some day...

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I have freezer space just wiaiting for one. or two or three, or four. We are allowed two per tag, so that's two for me, and two for hubbs. I'm not too terribly upset we don't have the tags yet, b/c it is so wet out there right now, but hopefully things will be better next week. Then look for bragging threads. :p

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hubby shot a turkey yesterday. 22 lbs 10 oz double bearded. Picx to follow (when dd gets home :p)

edited b/c I put deer instead of turkey--I was thinking about deer since I just posted on Boyds thread. HA!

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
You should meet my brother. A couple years ago, he shot two Toms with one arrow at the same time. Through there heads.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Hubby did that last year, although he used his shotgun. Puts a whole new spin on killing two birds with one stone-doesn't it? lol

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
We've had turkey season for a few weeks now. SO got one on the first day he went out. We have eaten most of it by now. :lol: I still have a few jars of dogfood left.
Then SO did a nasty number to his back and hasn't been able to go out again :(
Now we have bow season and he managed to hobble out to our hunting spot, but didn't get anything yet. I really hope he gets at least one more, out freezer is kinda empty.

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
We had some of the turkey tonight for supper. Breast mesat cut up, breaded,and fried with a big salad .:drool

Latest posts