udderly EZ milkers

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
anyone on here use them?..they look like they would be the thing to have.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Never heard of them. What are they?

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
PM miss_thenorth, I am pretty sure that she used one last year with her sheep.

The people I've known with the human version (I dunno which came first) tell me that you give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome if you want any substantial amount of milk that way, so I don't know as I'd want to invest in one myself; but for some they may be useful, especially if you are just wanting colostrum or a limited am't of milk.

Pat

lorieMN

Power Conserver
Reaction score
patandchickens said:

The people I've known with the human version (I dunno which came first) tell me that you give yourself carpal tunnel syndrome if you want any substantial amount of milk that way, so I don't know as I'd want to invest in one myself; but for some they may be useful, especially if you are just wanting colostrum or a limited am't of milk.

Pat
hmmm,interesting,,on the website it says it only takes a few pumps to get the milk to flow,,then stop pumping,then when the flow starts to slow pump again,,they have testimonies on the site saying people WITH CT syndrom find them very helpful..I dont know,,read a story about a draft horse breeder using them with CI mares,,he swears by them,they are priced like $160,and I dont need one,YET,,LOL,,but one never knows what animal might show up in my barn one day..hehehe

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lorieMN said:
patandchickens said:

Pat
hmmm,interesting,,on the website it says it only takes a few pumps to get the milk to flow,,then stop pumping,then when the flow starts to slow pump again,,they have testimonies on the site saying people WITH CT syndrom find them very helpful..I dont know,,read a story about a draft horse breeder using them with CI mares,,he swears by them,they are priced like $160,and I dont need one,YET,,LOL,,but one never knows what animal might show up in my barn one day..hehehe
Unless it pulsates, don't bother. I would run down to WalMart and get the 60 dollar breast pump instead.

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I read about these some time ago and decided that when I have to milk a small animal, I would definitely get one. The animal tolerates this very well because it applies even gentle pressure to the teats rather than the amature pulling of an inexperienced milker like I would be.

They seemed a little spendy but then when you consider the value to the comfort of the animal and the efficiency of the equipment, it made a lot of sense.

The video certainly makes it seem quite easy as well. (I don't think I'd want to milk a goat inside my house though. I was impressed with how comfortable both the animal and the lady appeared in the video. :clap

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I second the breast pump idea. I was using one with my doe, and it works. I got the manual one just to see if it would be a waste of my money before buying the more expensive one. It works just fine as long as the goat will be still, mine won't, but it may work for you with yours. :)

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Here I am! :D Yes, you pump it a few times to get the flow going and then it just streams. Wehn the flow slows, pump again, and then wait again. You will only hve to pump it maybe a handful of tiems to get all the milk out. We didn't use it exclusively, we also handmilked. We got the Udderly EZ:D mainly b/c I have arthritis, and can't depend on my wrists to hold out, and you also get sore when you first start out. One other convenient thinga bout it is that your milk stays clean--as in no hairs or gunk in it. We were quite happy with it. even hubby would milk with the udderly EZ-(he couldn't get the handmilking down)

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score