Universal 2 meat grinder help

odd_duck99

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I just scored a great Universal 2 grinder at an estate sale! Woo! The hard part is that I have no idea how to use it, and finding instruction online is harder than I thought. What are the 3, 12, and 19 tooth cutters for? (The 19 tooth says it's a bread crumber, but can I use it for other things too?) I also don't seem to have the one plate full of tiny holes in addition to the plus-shaped "knife" that I typically see used for grinding meat, but I am not seeing one on the website I found for parts either.

I am trying to figure out if there is a partial 2nd grinder included by folks that weren't entirely sure what they were looking at.

Smart Red

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry I can't be of help, but I wanted you to know I would have tried helping if I had any idea about your Universal 2 grinder. I figure you did a search for instructions, but have you looked for a "Grinder Group" on line somewhere? There may be folks who discuss their food grinding adventures that can be of more help than the directions.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
maybe look for a sausage making group.
Sorry I can't help

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looking at images on-line, it looks like the "plate with holes" is actually built into the grinder.
As for the different plates, is seems the more teeth, the smaller the pieces.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Best thing to do is play with it. Get some beef and make hamburger or chili meat. You can't mess up hamburger, then you can grill patties or make tacos!